I want a Personal Trainer...but

Options
I can't afford it right now:grumble: I have been working out for a year now...I do lots of different things. Spin, Step, yoga, bootcamp, strength training, hike, just tried pilates..sore abs, run (don't like it) and I just bought a bike! I have over 100 miles on it in just over 2 weeks. So I am serious. I have another 15 pounds or so to lose and want to start moving to the next level. I try to do strength 3 times a week and sometimes I do cardio along with it. Currently I put in 1-2 hours 5-6 days a week.

Should I up my protein??? What should I eat before and after a workout for max results??? I do eat most of my workout calories...sometimes I workout more so I can eat more or enjoy a glass of wine.:drinker: I know I should skip the wine...but I gotta live!

Thanks for any tips!!!!!

Replies

• doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If you belong to a gym just tell them you would like 1 or two sessions to start you on a strength program and that you want to lift with proper technique.
  • wenza000
    wenza000 Posts: 5
    Options
    As I understand it - the way to lose weight is to eat less(how sad)
    Excercise will probable result in a maximum of 5% weight loss (eg only5kg if you are 100kg) - of course it will also help to lose inches - but it is probably more important for maintainence of weight loss.
    A personal trainer is a wonderful luxury to assist with motivation but after having one for a period of time, I found myself thinking during sessions that I really already knew that I should gradually increase the intensity and duration of training - and didn't need someone to tell me.

Good luck
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    So how about you start saving and invest in a personal trainer?

I've had a PT for over a year... and I love it. He's always changing things up and making sure that I don't get bored.. and it helps to learn proper form when using weights.