Using a pedometer

Options
I use a pedometer to reach a target of 20,000 steps daily - has anyone any idea of how this can be recorded as whilst it is not cardio or strength training, it is a target that would not be reached normally. I could calculate the miles walked but as it is not done all at once and not fast paced, I am not confident that it works? I may have to go to MFP directly but just thought I would try to find out. Today is another day to look forward to success!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Davef1967
    Davef1967 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry no solution - but I'd be interested as well. I'm using a pedometer as well - but aiming for 10,000 steps at the moment

I'm recording the walks as number of minutes at a moderate pace

Good luck 9with steps & a solution
  • SLS553
    SLS553 Posts: 2
    Options
    I bought a Fitbit and I love it! You can set it up to automatically share info with MFP, it makes it so easy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    20000 steps is about 10 miles, right?

Some of that is bound to be part of your normal daily activity, so that wouldn't count as exercise to log. If you know what you normally walk in a day, subtract that from the amount you count as exercise. IE, if you normally walk 10000 steps, that's 5 miles, so you'd have another 5 miles as exercise. Pace doesn't matter much with calorie burn, so you can log it as 2 hours at 2.5 mph.

Or you can bump up your activity level and not count it as exercise.