Trying to get fit and eat healthy for my family

Options
I am very new to mfp. I just started yesterday. I had been using another app on my phone but it didn't have the features that this site has. My dh and I are both trying to loose weight and eat healthier. I have two children who I want to be a good example for. I do have some weight to lose but I mainly want to change my eating habits and get into better shape. I am tired of being so weak and feeling tired all the time. I would love to have some buddies to motivate me and share ideas with.:smile: Have a blessed day!

Replies

• Angelpacheco
    Options
    Welcome, You've come to the right place. People are very encouraging here.
    What a wonderful thing to do for your family & YOURSELF. It makes such a difference in your overall health.
    I love all the wonderful options this site gives you in logging.
    You can do this!!! I'm here if you ever need encouragement.
    GOD Bless
  • natwillsmom
    Options
    thank you so much!
  • TrinaTW
    TrinaTW Posts: 88
    Options
    I have found this site to be a great place for support. I also have a strong focus on health along with weight loss and want to set a better example for my son. It's great that your husband is on board too!! Feel free to add me!
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. This site has been very helpful to me. It is inspiring to see what others do for eating and exercise. Good luck on your journey!
  • storktastic
    Options
    On the eating healthy side, try http://www.bitemetrics.com

Scan your grocery/restaurant receipts, and it'll find anything that's bad for you.

Good luck!
  • Den1ce
    Den1ce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too, i've struggled all my life with my weight but after finding this feel very positive about my future success to lose weight - the fact this app is on my phone so with me all the time is great as i can record everything as i do it . Today I've actually struggled to get to my 1200 calories so this has been a real eye opener. Fingers crossed for us all on here battling the bulge :-)
  • treyalan
    treyalan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: Were all here for the same reason and people are very nice and so willing to reach out with support. :love: Very nice to know your not in this alone and there are many dealing with the same weight issues. Hope you get use to using the site and enjoy it as much as I do! Best of luck, Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! :smile:

Sincerly,

Roberta
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Yes ma'm...our middle names is SUPPORT..lots of good pals on here to push you forward...Add me if you like and again WELCOME:):happy: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

We all share something in common here, and that's progress!

Good luck to you!
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    welcome! I lost 30lbs and still trying to lose more with MFP! Good luck and we are here for motivation :)
  • mangoos
    mangoos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just joined a few weeks ago and I do have a hard time maintaining with the 1200 cal/day. But got to start somewhere. Good luck to all!!