Before pic...

Options
I don't want to but I think that I should take one...and maybe just keep it to myself until I make some awesome progress. How long did you weight after starting your journy before taking abefore picture?

On another note, I would love to have some more friends on here to help keep me motivated! :smile:

Replies

• kate11233
    kate11233 Posts: 13
    Options
    Yes! deffs take a before pic! It's good to be able to compare and see how much your hard work pain off!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I accidentally had a before pic taken at a wedding...I thought I looked good but cameras don't lie.

You'll definitely want a before picture
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I lost 10lbs before taking a b4 picture. 8 of those lbs were in the 1st week so most likely that was all water. So I lost like 2lbs of fat b4 taking a b4 picture. I didn't want to take one either, but I'm happy I did now. So I would suggest taking one for comparison, cuz on those weeks where the scale stops moving, u can just take a new pic and compare. Then u can see that ur still progressing even when the stupid scale wont budge.
    My belly is my trouble spot, so I took a few with my shirt up from the front and side so I could really see.
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yes do take before pics. Also feel free to add me as friend more than happy to keep each other motivated..

Russell
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Absolutely take a before picture.
  • PlushHyena
    PlushHyena Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm too lazy to take a before picture now (and I've already lost 6 pounds, although I don't feel like I did), but this talk has reminded me of a hideous photo of me from my grandpa's birthday. I may have weighed a few less than I do now, but I looked so fat in that picture, I think I'll use it as my reference.

Although a pro before picture would need to be taken in some underwear, I guess. :D
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've got 'before' pics from just after I had my 2nd baby (last May) and I look terrible! It's good to have them though and look at them and compare how different i look now.

I started personal training when my daughter was 8 weeks old and my PT takes measurements, which is also really helpful for comparison purposes.

Feel free to add me as a friend on here.
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a posed "before" pic but I had a number of pics of me (family reunion, Christmas with the grandkids, etc). For me that was plenty for a comparison. I've pasted them together and put them on my computer desktop so I always have a reminder of what I don't want to be. Good motivator for me.
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    Even if you don't share them with anyone ever, definitely take progress pics. It will help you see the progress you're making when you start doubting yourself later on. :) I take a monthly pic and now I can look back and see just how far I've come.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Yes! And save your "fat" jeans so you can compare them with your "new" clothes as you lose! That is real eye opener.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your thoughs and advice!
  • LosingLucy
    LosingLucy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely take one - you can forget about it until you take your afters if it's too painful to look at haha
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I did not take a before pic (I have avoided the camera for years), but now I regret it. My vote is YES!!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Definitely take a before pic...you'll be glad you did.

Feel free to add me.
  • kate4vt
    kate4vt Posts: 20
    Options
    I took a bunch of before pics in a bathing suit last week. Woof.

However, none of those were as bad as some that were posted of me on facebook this weekend. Ummm... I didn't realize that it was physically possible to look so gross while sitting down. I want to burn my monitor. Ugh.