Wake up Call for my coffee

Options
Did not realize how many calories were in the International Delight French Vanilla individual creamers. 40 calories per creamer!!!! Wow!!!! I use 3 to 4 every morning and have not been tracking them for some reason. I figured they were 10 calories or so. Just goes to show that you need to track EVERYTHING you plan on consuming.

Does anyone have any tips on creamer substitutes to use? I tried to go straight black, but I cannot do it. I need some sweetener and cream.

Replies

• chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I put vanilla unsweetenned almond milk in mine - only 40 calories per 8 oz! And it taste yummy!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    a quarter cup (2oz, about 60 ml) of unsweetened almond milk is 9 calories. that's what I use...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1/8th cup whole milk and a packet of Splenda per cup. Milk is also good for you (unless you're a carve man), so it's a win-win.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I use Sugar-Free creamer in my coffee every day, and it's only 38 calories.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    being a black coffee person...have you tried cutting back a bit? Say 2 creamers instead of 4?
  • trich33702
    trich33702 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    International Delight sugar free Hazelnut is only 20 calories per Tablespoon.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use a few packets of Truvia and a splash of milk.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    Some of the Coffee Mate creamers are lower, too. And it depends on what flavor you like - I find I can use less on something like a French Vanilla than I can on plain or other flavors b/c the vanilla is sweeter
  • NatashaK29
    NatashaK29 Posts: 137
    Options
    I use non-dairy creamer which is only 20 calories for 2 tsp or 1/4 cup almond milk is 18.
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to all my flavored creamers. But my trainer advised me to switch to Coffee Mate Sugar Free powdered creamer to eliminate the dairy. Since Im not overly fond of it, Ive actually cut my coffee intake altogether. I used to drink 6-8 cups a day! Now Im down to 1 or 2.
  • 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options
    It looks like almond milk is the way to go. Guess I need to start making my coffee at home instead of hitting the local convenient store every morning. It will save some money too.

Thanks for the replies.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    if you're switching from "out" coffee to "at home" coffee...GET A KEURIG!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I use great value coffee creamer (walmart brand) and its only 30 cals a tbsp.
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I use to drink coffee with international cream, I ended up switching to green tea with one splenda..
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Drink black coffee no sugar - it has almost NO calories and you can really taste the coffee. A big change for me, I used to have milk & two sugars - I accidentally made my morning coffee with milk and sugar the other morning (was still half asleep!), so I drank it, and didn't like it al all.
  • 78Octane
    Options
    Yeah, we have a Keurig. My wife uses it every day. I guess I need to also.

Something about 7-11 or Wawa coffee is so much better than home brewed coffee.
  • 78Octane
    Options
    I did try it black a couple times. Too bitter for me. I need my cream and sweetener.
  • marnet12
    marnet12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Target has an Archer Farms brand sugar free coffee syrup with zero calories. It comes in vanilla and caramel (possibly others) and adds a ton of nice flavor.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    On "The Doctors" last week they suggested putting cinnamon in your coffee instead of sweetner and creamer. They said it would save on calories and jump start your metabolism. It's not bad, I haven't been able to get rid of my creamer yet, but I just use one serving of it.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    When I threw out my French Vanilla coffee mate, I started brewing my coffee with a teaspoon of cinnamon in the grounds. At the same time, I switched to half and half - it has about half the calories without the sugar. Over time I am using less half and half in my coffee with the eventual goal of enjoying my coffee au naturel.