Trying to win a mate/match?

Options
Is anyone here losing weight to try to gain a boyfriend or girlfriend? Or are they losing weight for their significant other, spouse or even dog or cat? What are YOUR reasons for losing weight?

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I am not losing weight for anybody but myself.
    I want to be fit, and comfortable with my body and live a long healthy life with my husband and kids....eventually my great grand kids. ;) (and still have the energy to wear them out!)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My cats would rather I gain weight. It was more fun kneading my belly when I was heavier.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight for myself. I want to feel and look better for me. My SO loves me just the way I am but I am sure he wouldn't mind if I lost some weight. I want to be healthy for my daughter too.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are getting healthier together (he's skinny-fat and I'm just squishy) because heredity's a *****. :)

There are really only two benefits to losing weight as far as finding an SO is concerned. One is that, if you are more confident in yourself, you'll have an easier time finding someone to date. The other is that you avoid people with weight fetishes who might sabotage your efforts to be healthier.
  • aammie12
    aammie12 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm losing weight for myself but also for my husband :) He loves me the way I am but says it'd be good for myself to get in shape...oh I'm doing it for my future kids too so when it's time to be preggers i don't have a lot to lose after
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I am losing weight as an attempt to get a boyfriend/husband. I am however expecting that as a result. I am incredibly more sure of myself now in the dating world than I ever was before. There is a guy that I am dating a little right now. It's not going anywhere and I am relocating soon, but what it has been so far has been really really nice. I no longer see myself as the fat girl in the room who would never be chosen by the good looking guy and would be the second or third choice for the not-so-good looking guy. I see myself as the "catch". I'm cute, fit, fun, alive, healthy, single, and in an emotional good place. So I still have a little weight to lose.. it'll be gone soon. What's not to want? LOL ;)
  • taralc1
    taralc1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I am losing weight as an attempt to get a boyfriend/husband. I am however expecting that as a result. I am incredibly more sure of myself now in the dating world than I ever was before. There is a guy that I am dating a little right now. It's not going anywhere and I am relocating soon, but what it has been so far has been really really nice. I no longer see myself as the fat girl in the room who would never be chosen by the good looking guy and would be the second or third choice for the not-so-good looking guy. I see myself as the "catch". I'm cute, fit, fun, alive, healthy, single, and in an emotional good place. So I still have a little weight to lose.. it'll be gone soon. What's not to want? LOL ;)
    Love your attitude! I am losing for myself first and foremost. If I start dating again that's just a bonus.
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Since I'm already married, no - it is just for my own health and satisfaction. I want to be as healthy as possible, as long as possible to enjoy the fun!
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wellllll......doing it for myself,

buttttt......hoping it helps in the dating department...lol!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    because I liked how my clothes fit 10 pounds ago better than now.
  • daniellexcara
    daniellexcara Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for me, but i know that when i lose it i'll feel more confident and maybe this would help (along with looking great) in getting a guy :)
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm doing doing it for endurance, so that may help in the winning a mate department ;). Haha, jk.

But seriously, I'm doing it because I just felt uncomfortable all the time. I was always too big for everything, my options for purchasing clothes were extremely limited, and I just felt bad about myself.
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight so I look sexy as isht naked. Want to impress my girl haha!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    My cats would rather I gain weight. It was more fun kneading my belly when I was heavier.

^^^^^ ditto ... and they hate it when I exercise in the mornings instead of feeding them asap!!!