Amazon super savings on shipping???

Options
Fatimah1104
Fatimah1104 Posts: 27 Member
So i'm thinking about buying an elliptical trainer on amazon and my order qualifies for free super savings on shipping but is this a good choice or should I just pay 60 bucks for shipping? I am terrified about the machine arriving damamged if I dont buy the shipping and go with the super saving free shipping. Has anyone ever took advantage of the amazon super free shipping? HOw did your product arrive? Should I buy the shipping instead? Please help. Thanks.

Replies

• cuelgirl
    cuelgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had things shipped using the super savings... but they were much smaller like books and my HRM... and they arrived just fine...
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My bf has Amazon Prime, and there's a lot of free shipping available through that. We've never had a problem with anything we've gotten from Amazon.
  • c3js80
    c3js80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No problems. Most orders over $25.00 fulfilled through them qualify. There is no difference in the shipper they use whether you pay or not.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    The shipping company (UPS, FedEx, USPS) doesn't know or care whether you paid the vendor for shipping. Your items will not be treated any differently.
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It should be fine. Super Saver Shipping just means your order won't be a priority, so it'll take a couple of weeks to arrive. I don't recommend using it anywhere near the holidays. I made that mistake several years ago and everything arrived late. :grumble:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS use the super savings on shipping with amazon....It's the same as regular shipping but free....I have even had something that I didn't want once I got it from them w/free shipping and they just had me tape up the box and send it back with no paying for shipping back either...They also have great customer service....I have been ordering from them for years, small stuff and big stuff and never had a problem with getting my items on time and safely...Don't pay shipping if you don't have to....It's shipped the same way no matter if you pay or not!! Enjoy your elliptical - I would love to have one!! :)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with stuff shipping from Amazon.
  • YoungerNextYear59937
    YoungerNextYear59937 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't pay for shipping! Your item has as much chance of being damaged whether you paid for shipping or not. Plus, if it arrives damaged Amazon will replace it. PS-I work for a major shipper.
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    We order things with amazon prime shipping a few times a month and have never had a problem, even with large things like a bicycle.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Super saver just means the delivery company doesn't give it priority when scheduling their deliveries, it's that that makes it cheaper.

Plus, if something arrives damaged from Amazon, their customer service is exemplary. We had something go wrong after six months when we were in India (it was bought when we were in Canada) and they shipped a replacement there!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I use Amazon all the time, and have never had a problem with the free shipping. I bought an elliptical from Overstock, and it arrived in perfect condition. Do it! :)
  • Fatimah1104
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments!
  • Gel978
    Gel978 Posts: 19
    Options
    I've used Amazon for years and have never had a problem with their shipping - super saver or otherwise. I will say though that instead of spending $60 for shipping, I would spend $79 and get Amazon Prime for the year. You get free 2 day shipping along with the video streaming, 20% savings on diapers & wipes(if you need them), Kindle borrowing, etc.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I've used Amazon for years and have never had a problem with their shipping - super saver or otherwise. I will say though that instead of spending $60 for shipping, I would spend $79 and get Amazon Prime for the year. You get free 2 day shipping along with the video streaming, 20% savings on diapers & wipes(if you need them), Kindle borrowing, etc.

This sounds like a great idea if you buy from amazon often....I would definitely do it if you had the money to do it right then!! :)

ETA: This is just a suggestion but if you don't mind going to this link:

http://eatmore2weighless.com/shop/

And ordering your product from amazon through there it would help out a new site that is just launching....It would be much appreciated...Just a thought though....Thanks!! Have a great time on your brand new elliptical!! :)
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have Amazon Prime which always includes free shipping. I've used Amazon for years with and without the Super saver shipping and if anything arrives damaged they replace it. :happy:
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options

This is what I would do too if you order from amazon often or think you will. I pay for a prime membership and more than make up for the cost throughout the year. It's great having things to my door in 2 days and often just a day. I order a lot of household items from there cereal, dishwashing tabs, TP, face wash and I use it a ton around the holiday's they have great deals. I can often find what I want on amazon cheaper than sale prices at the stores.
  • Fatimah1104
    Options
    Ok so i just ordered it with the free super savings on shipping and it should be here in about 2 weeks... If it arrives damaged you guys are saying that amazon will replace it but will they replace it for free or do I have to pay shipping and handling to send back the damaged product before I can get a new one shipped?
  • Fatimah1104
    Options
    I didnt use the prime feature because I dont order from amazon regularly... This will actually be my first purchase from them.