Taking the day off

Options
Today is my birthday (yay me!) and I have decided to give myself the day off from logging my calories.
I'm not giving myself permission to binge, but I just want to enjoy my birthday bbq and my (gluten free) birthday cake without thinking about the calorie count.
I've been to so many bbq's this summer and I've been strict about staying within my calories (1200).
I figure it's a special occasion for me so I'll take a day off.

I'm headed out to the gym for my regular workout routine, so my fitness doesn't change.
But I just wanted to take a day off of thinking about food.

Should I log it all and see how much I go over?
Does anybody else take a day off every now and then?

Replies

• AuntieLee
    AuntieLee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

I don't take any days "off" but I do switch up my eating pattern. Some days I go full out on protein and others I stick to veggies/fruit. I have completely eliminated wheat, rice, corn and potato (and am feeling so much healthier or it) but I do indulge in chocolate and coffee :D

Enjoy your bbq and deal with tomorrow when it gets here.
  • kellymcguire87
    Options
    Just my opinion but take the day off! You know the right choices and allowing yourself occasional luxuries only makes you more confident and successful in keeping it off for the long run. You are still working out so that says a lot about your place on this journey. Have a wonderful birthday!:flowerforyou:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!

Yes, I have days off. I do log my good days and bad days just to keep myself accountable.
  • wyllaya
    wyllaya Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sure girl......it's your birthday enjoy it........
    Enjoy your B.B.Q and have a great day with the one you love
  • aliceg94
    aliceg94 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! It was my birthday yesterday so I was having the same dilemma. I tracked my calories but not for the purpose of losing weight, just because I was curious about how many calories I actually eat when not tracking. For you, I'd say take a day off. One day off isn't going to hurt your progress and you said yourself that you're not going to binge so there's probably no need to track the calories :smile: Have a great day!
  • beautybiz
    beautybiz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, enjoy it. I have found that taking the day off can shock my system and I have better numbers the following week. The harder I work, though, the less junk I eat on my days off. I do log it.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Enjoy your relaxed day.
  • fitatfiftyfive
    Options
    You seem to be very conscious of your choices, so one day off now and again isn't a bad thing - it's my opinion that it will keep you from binging or completely falling off track down the road. It's your birthday! Go enjoy and be thankful for your accomplishments so far. Happy Birthday!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!! I would say enjoy your day and don't enter your food today. If you are like me, you will feel guilty later on. Make this a guilt free day and have fun!