What day do you weigh in?

Options
I have found that making my weigh in day on Monday mornings has been keeping me honest throughout the weekend. For a couple months I was making my weigh in on Friday mornings so I could splurg a little on the weekends and have time throughout the week to get any water retention off, but now I am more serious about finally getting this weight off and done making excuses and cheating myself.

Just curious what days most people weigh in on. Monday mornings for me because it keeps me honest through the weekend.

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Friday.

I used to weigh in on Monday, but use the weekend to eat up and leftover calories from the week (usually with beer), so I found myself a bit bloated on Mondays, giving me an artificially high reading. For me, this isn't about restriction, it's about making permanent changes to my eating habits. I didn't want to punish myself for enjoying my weekends.
  • michelle_w_04
    michelle_w_04 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Friday.

I used to weigh in on Monday, but use the weekend to eat up and leftover calories from the week (usually with beer), so I found myself a bit bloated on Mondays, giving me an artificially high reading. For me, this isn't about restriction, it's about making permanent changes to my eating habits. I didn't want to punish myself for enjoying my weekends.

This. I still want to enjoy and indulge in foods I like. I'm just learning to eat a little less of them. :) So I am for weigh ins on Fridays and if I "mess up" a little on the weekend then I have all week to get myself back on track.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    Friday is my weigh in day, if i do splurge on a weekend I've got a few days to get back on track. :happy:
  • BlitzBurgers
    Options
    I weigh everyday but my "weigh in" day is Sunday which I use as a benchmark. This way, I keep things in check on Saturday and have Sunday to splurge a little
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but my "weigh in" day is Sunday which I use as a benchmark. This way, I keep things in check on Saturday and have Sunday to splurge a little

ditto, but I use Mondays.....
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Sundays. it's just the start of the week for me.
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ^this
  • Nephy07
    Nephy07 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific day when I weight, but since I decided to start again with a serious diet I think I'll make Monday my weight in day :)
  • AuntieLee
    AuntieLee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and use the number only as an indicator of whereI need to adjust in my eating plan...

If my weight is up from the day before I check back one week to ensure I am down in the last 7 days.
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Sunday morning, Sunday is also my cheat meal day so I have a whole week before I weigh in again so I should be able to repair any damage haha.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays.

This weeks me more watchful on the weekend to not blow it. Then I have a be more watchful so i can log a good loss. If I blow it- I don't get to... It helps keep me focused and not cheat on the weekends. I know if i did cheat on teh weekends-it's be a HUGE cheat and not a tiny one and I'd blow a whole week! This helps me a lot.
  • 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays.

This weeks me more watchful on the weekend to not blow it. Then I have a be more watchful so i can log a good loss. If I blow it- I don't get to... It helps keep me focused and not cheat on the weekends. I know if i did cheat on teh weekends-it's be a HUGE cheat and not a tiny one and I'd blow a whole week! This helps me a lot.

This exactly. If I go crazy on the weekends, it usually takes me a full week to get back under control. Probably why I have had a weight problem my entire life.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every monday morning, as soon as i get out of bed. Also, i have my cheat meals on Saturdays instead of Sundays, because it gives me a day to rid myself of water retention for when i eat salty foods, and it won't affect my Monday weigh-ins.
  • MichelleL2016
    MichelleL2016 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays lol Only because I knew if I put it off until the next Monday, I never would have started.
  • DebLee
    DebLee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings.
    This keeps me very honest Saturday, flexible during the week, but allows for a little cheating on Sunday.
    Helps me plan the meals for the next week.