Working out before & after work...what are your thoughts?

Options
gmkimby
gmkimby Posts: 58 Member
What's up MFP peeps!!!! I'm thinking about working out before work for 1 hour and after work for 1 hour. I don't have to be at work until 11 am, so I could hit the gym at 6, and still have time to take my time getting ready. And then when I get off at 7 pm, I could unwind with a nice cardio push!! So, what do you guys think??? Is any one else working out 2x a day? How's it working for you??

Replies

• Alohakrisi
    Options
    Hey Gmkimby. I guess it depends what you do. Let's say you are a new runner and you run twice a day that would probably not be the best idea. However if you do strength training and cardio or different cardio exercises there shouldn't be a problem. I've done it a few times and it's worked out fine. Give it a go and see how you feel both physically and emotionally about it. You don't want to keep up anything that wears you out or makes it likely that you won't want to exercise because you burnt out. Some signs of overtraining are increased susceptibility to colds, aches (not muscle soreness but pains) and chronic fatigue. If you have any of those take it easy. People are different but my experience has been that exercising begets exercising :-). Have fun.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    What's up MFP peeps!!!! I'm thinking about working out before work for 1 hour and after work for 1 hour. I don't have to be at work until 11 am, so I could hit the gym at 6, and still have time to take my time getting ready. And then when I get off at 7 pm, I could unwind with a nice cardio push!! So, what do you guys think??? Is any one else working out 2x a day? How's it working for you??

Why that much? Are you training for a specific event?
    I consider myself fit, burns about 2400 cals a week and work out for around an hour a day five/six days a week....
    How much have you been working out up until now, and how many days a week do you want to do this? Please don't go from 0-100 in a week, that will fatigue you and you might get injured or drop out quickly....
  • gmkimby
    gmkimby Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Why that much? Are you training for a specific event?
    I consider myself fit, burns about 2400 cals a week and work out for around an hour a day five/six days a week....
    How much have you been working out up until now, and how many days a week do you want to do this? Please don't go from 0-100 in a week, that will fatigue you and you might get injured or drop out quickly....

I work out about 4-5x a week. I do jogging intervals, Zumba, and sometimes Kickboxing. I want to incorporate more strength training into my routine. I use to work out 2 hours a day, but since I'm working in the middle of the day, that becomes very trying. I really enjoy working out, and would love to start my morning off with an easy walk, and finish off with something more intense.