Need one person to give encouragement this a.m.

Options
I posted a few mins. ago and realize I could really use one person to say "You can do it." I lost weight and am having my father in law over, both of which things have me wanting to eat fattening comfort food. I don't want to do it.

Replies

• taralc1
    taralc1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You can do it..do you want to sabbatoge what you have lost so far? Chew some gum..keep the mouth busy, that's what I do when I want to munch "just because".
  • megancarlotta
    Options
    5 pounds lost is awesome! Maybe keep a glass of water on hand and sip on that if you feel like you need to have something.

You can do it! Good luck!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if I pour myself a big glass of water and keep sipping it during those crazy times I can get through them. And then when your company's gone you can get back to healthy eating! Good luck
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    if you are the one hosting you are in control you can do this.
  • rachael52
    rachael52 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks, friends. Big glass of seltzer with ice coming right up (like it better than water.)
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Strengthen Your Desire! Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just remember... having people around you want to kill doesn't mean you should work on kililng yourself.

If you really want to piss them off... live longer and healthier!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    You can do it. Chew some gum it helps. Go take a walk.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    You CAN do it! :)
  • rachael52
    Options
    Love it!
  • goodeknight
    goodeknight Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are blessed to be able to recognize the urge to overeat, and to take the time to deal in a healthier way. I use yoga breathing to help reduce anxiety in general. Just a few mindful, deep, slow breaths do the trick for me.
    ::happy:
  • rwwerner
    rwwerner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! you are doing great!
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT !!! YOU HAVE THE STEERING WHEEL!! YOU ARE THE DRIVER, LET EVERY ONE ENJOY THE RIDE!!! HAVE FUN KNOWING, WEAR A BIG SMILE ,MAKE THEM WONDER WHAT YOU'RE UP TO!!
  • beautybiz
    beautybiz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I make a big pitcher of Crystal Lite mock cocktails and sip away. They have no calories, the flavors are Appletini, Mojito, Pina Colada and another one I forgot. Tastes like a drink without the alcohol :drinker:
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    You know why you CAN do this? Because your not a victim, you're a warrior.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I find myself dreading something and getting ready to act out by eating, or getting angry, etc. I try to change the thoughts I tell myself to a feeling of gratitude...Such as "oh god my father-in-law is coming over, ughhh...." changes to "I am grateful that my family is alive and wanting to spend time with me, some people have no family left or their family does not keep in touch".... I know its dorky, but it really helps me. Changing the thoughts, changes the feelings and hence changes the behavior. Just gotta believe it..
  • Rennae9
    Rennae9 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    GO RACHEL...GO RACHEL...GO RACHEL...YOU CAN DO IT!!!! That was me being your cheerleader!
  • rachael52
    Options
    Thanks again, everyone. I'm doing just fine. Hope you all have an excellent day as well.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I try to remember how I feel when I eat something I shouldn't and stifle my weight loss....remember...nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.
    Good luck
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I find myself dreading something and getting ready to act out by eating, or getting angry, etc. I try to change the thoughts I tell myself to a feeling of gratitude...Such as "oh god my father-in-law is coming over, ughhh...." changes to "I am grateful that my family is alive and wanting to spend time with me, some people have no family left or their family does not keep in touch".... I know its dorky, but it really helps me. Changing the thoughts, changes the feelings and hence changes the behavior. Just gotta believe it..
    I like that!!