Youngish Support/Friends?

Options
Hi!
I've been on a while, but never had the motivation to get off my butt and find friends, lol
I'm 23, and could use all the help I could get!

Replies

• Nurse_Pain
    Options
    Bump.

Y u no want my friendship, interbutz?
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Above all, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Snap on the age =) Welcome to mfp I'm sure you will love it here =) feel free to add me!
  • Nix_
    Nix_ Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm 22 :) Feel free to add me!
  • caseydoubleoh7
    Options
    I'm 20, feel free to add!
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    22 here. Always like having new friends that I can try and help see through to their goals
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    21 here! Feel free to add me :)
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am 25 and a half.Feel free to add me,and welcome to MFP.
  • indiedoll
    indiedoll Posts: 31
    Options
    22, feel free to add. :)
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm too olllllllllllld! Poor 33 year old me!!!
  • Mazz44
    Mazz44 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 22 and relatively new, feel free to add :)
  • Hollyana
    Hollyana Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a newish 26 year old, feel free to add :-)
  • cfutch1
    cfutch1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    im 19 next month! feel free to add me! :)
  • Onyx1991
    Onyx1991 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 20, add me :)
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am 21, Anyone can add me! I dont have alot of friends :sad:
  • springbreakmission
    springbreakmission Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i'm 22 and have the same story. been on mfp for a while but not so many friends =/....feel free to add me
  • Hyzaarc
    Hyzaarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, and brand new to MFP!
  • KatieG97
    KatieG97 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm 18, add me if you'd like! I'll be sure to help you in any way that I can.
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm 22. Feel free to add me!
  • jessicamae326
    Options
    I don't have friends, either. Joined not too long ago, but haven't been very social yet! I am 34, will post a profile picture soon. Feel free to add :)