Lower Back Pain

Options
I was at an exercise class today, and it almost felt like my back went out. My lower back is killing me, mostly when I bend. I put tiger balm on it, and just recently took some robaxcet. Should I see a doctor or just wait it out?>?>
Thanks
PS
If it happened to any of you...any tips??

Replies

• monicakelly21
    Options
    I was at an exercise class today, and it almost felt like my back went out. My lower back is killing me, mostly when I bend. I put tiger balm on it, and just recently took some robaxcet. Should I see a doctor or just wait it out?>?>
    Thanks
    PS
    If it happened to any of you...any tips??
  • jesse1117
    jesse1117 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    this happened to me about 2 weeks ago, and the pain is still there, mostly when i bend. it is probably sciatica, and you should go to the chiropractor.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i agree with checking it out with a doc cause the back is no joke if u hurt it but also if you get the clean bill of health work on your core it is the center of your body a strong tummy will help you keep up with tough cardio
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    If you go to a Chirco they will brobaly need x-rays to see if there is a problem. I don't let anyone touch my next but they have done wonders on my lower back which gives out occasionally.
    Rest for sure, warm conpression 20 mins on, 20 mins off for an hour.
    You're going to want to do more core strengthening exercises. Laying on the floor may add too much pressure on your back so try standing to start. Try some torso twists, hips straight and a gentle turn to each side, with our with weights. Crunch by bringing a knee to your chest and crossing your alternate shoulder. Remember not to bend your neck.
    Deep stretching and a massage would be nice to.
  • mdcroft
    mdcroft Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i often get lower back pain due to tightness in my hips and hamstrings. stretching well has helped a lot
  • kobrien1103
    Options
    Alternate between ice and a heating pad. 20 min of each should make your back feel better. Dont leave it on for too long otherwise you may damage the nerves.
  • HOOVEY17
    HOOVEY17 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I hurt my back in softball like 5 years ago and I re injure it all the time. I will be out for like 2 months at a time, I've been to a couple of different doctors and they will only give me pills...they refuse to take xrays! Next time it happens I think I will check out either a chiropractor or PT.
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Rest for sure, warm conpression 20 mins on, 20 mins off for an hour.

I wouldn't put heat on your back if you don't really know what is the matter... HEAT will cause spasms!

I would ice 20 mins on and 20 off... you can never go wrong with ice... heat can be evil if use in the wrong circumstances.

I know this by expierence! :sad: I have a bad lower back and I have been working on it to strengthen it!
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Monicakelly.. how did you hurt your back... what exercises were you doing???
  • monicakelly21
    Options
    Just to let you know, I was doing a bosu blast class. Its like a pilates class but on a bosu including a cardio element. It was an athletic training class...so lot's of drills. I love the bosu....but man...my back is ever so sore.

Thank you all for the concern and the advice!!