Constant Hunger

Options
Hi! I have a problem that I hope ya'll can help with. Everyone seems to give great suggestions on these. Basically, I am constantly hungry. Even right after I eat. My stomach will growl just like i have eaten nothing. I am not being overly restrictive. I have tried upping my protien. Yesterday I ate almost all day it seemed and was never satisfied. I have been working out a lot more lately, but I generally eat (most of) my calories that I get from that.

I have thought about trying sensa or some kind of diet supplement, but i don't want to take anything dangerous. I had an issue with xenidrine when i used it and I am not willing to use anything like that again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or have this problem?

Thanks!

Replies

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Complete your food diary accurately for a week, set it to public view then ask again.

Without seeing what you're eating, nobody can give you anything but general advice, eg eat lots of vegetables, lean meat etc etcc
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,266 Member
    Options
    You need to open up your diary so people can make informed observations to give you advice.
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Complete your food diary accurately for a week, set it to public view then ask again.

Without seeing what you're eating, nobody can give you anything but general advice, eg eat lots of vegetables, lean meat etc etcc

^^This^^. Seeing your food diary would be very helpful. More general advice would echo this: eat a good balance of carbs, protein, and fat. If you are lacking in an area, you may have cravings to eat more.
  • keengal
    keengal Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks! I will finish out a week. I am sort of newly on here so I will do 1 week of very accurate recordings and set it up. :smile: :smile:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Well, even with it closed, you can tell us how much you are eating...what is your calorie limit? Do you eat back your exercise calories? This is, IMHO, MUCH more important than what you are eating.
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When my blood sugar was dropping I was cranky and starving even though I had just eaten. I was cutting out too many carbohydrates. Starting eating at least 15g og carbs w/each meal, and both issues went away. Keep up w/ ur diary so u can monitor ur intake.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I agree with needing to see your food diary, also make sure you are getting atleast 8 cups of water a day. I drink 9 cups of water, milk or anything that I may splurge on doesn't count in this 9 cups.

ETA - if you are new to reducing your calories you may just need a couple days to adjust to this... your stomach needs to adjust... get in lots of water to help offset that feeling.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    what kind of foods are you eating? sounds you might not be eating the right foods/calories that will keep you full throughout the day.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If you've only been limiting your calories for a week or two, your stomach may not have shrunk yet. I felt like that pretty much the first 2 weeks when I started tracking my calories and sticking to a calorie goal. Also, drink lots of water. Water before each meal, during the meal, and after/between meals.
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I also had constant hunger. I mean starving hunger feelings. I was constantly snacking. I went to my doctor and found out my insulin levels were high. Not sugar levels but fasting insulin levels. Then later I was diagnosed with PCOS. I would make a trip to my doctor and let them know how you are feeling. I good check up every now and then wouldn't hurt any way. Best of luck!! Hope you feel better soon. :)
  • AndieP85
    AndieP85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have that, too. For me, it's because I am so used to eating whatever, whenever. Now that I am watching what I'm eating, I get panicky and weird because I can't just eat whatever I want.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If this is your first week, you probably will be hungry all the time. You'll eventually get used to eating less, but it takes awhile.

Also, if you've already upped your protien, how about your fiber and water intake? Fiber takes up space in your digestive tract, so you feel full. Water kind of does the same, and when you drink lots of water and eat lots of fiber, it does wonderful things. (At least it does for me.)

Also, what is your activity like? My metabolism seemed to feel more stable after I put on a little muscle by strength training. Cardio on the other hand, makes me hungry, which isn't a bad thing, because it burns off a lot of what I eat anyway.