Body for Life

Options
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever combined the Body for Life challenge and MFP ? I did a BFL about 3 years ago and had great results and I was thinking about combining MFP and BFL.

Replies

• NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I did BFL and counted calories some 3+ years ago, but I quit because I kept gaining, which frustrated me. But that was when I was a slave to the scale and couldn't get over the water retention and muscle gain from all the strength training. I've been seriously considering doing it again (I also have his cook book!). I really liked his workout plan, a lot. I really don't think you can go wrong combining the two.
  • Filomenaaa
    Filomenaaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! I wasnt sure, since you do 6 small meals a day - and my calories are recomended 1200 per day. Ive had success with both MFP and BFL so combining them seemed like a good idea
  • MarciaChalmers
    MarciaChalmers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing that too (BFL and MFP)! Have you had a hard time keeping to 1200 calories with the 6 meals?
  • MikeHankins
    MikeHankins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have had success with both MFP & BFL as well. Im considering dropping MFP & getting away from being held to the numbers. Portion size is almost always perfect when you follow BFL. No to mention once
    I started doing more lifting while on the MFP i stopped
    losing. I got really lean on BFL. Im trying to mix them
    together for added success and a detailed diary of what I did. Thats mostly why I want to mix the 2.
  • Filomenaaa
    Filomenaaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing that too (BFL and MFP)! Have you had a hard time keeping to 1200 calories with the 6 meals?
    Yes a little bit. Ive had to tweak both programs a little...Ive decided to keep aspects of BFL such as feeding my metabolism every two to three hours and the BFL work out schedule. The truth is, if your working out as much as you do on BFL then you should be eating more than 1200 per day
  • RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    I did BFL must have been coming up on nine years ago to and had great results. I have since tried to incorporate what I learned from that and always keep it in mind. I have had some missteps, gained back from depression, but have always gone back to that or the principals behind it and it helps. It like MFP is a lifestyle change. Having only recently started MFP I kind of mesh the two.

As for the 1200 calories per day, but that doesn't include yoru exercise calories right? On MFP my goal is 1,400 calories, but with exercise I am adding an additional 300 - 600+ calories from exercise that I can eat and spread out over the six meals.
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did BFL a long time ago and had good results, lost 30 lbs. I still believe in a lot of things, the 6 small meals and the way the exercise program was set up. I think you can do both, BFL and MFP. I have to say though I set my calorie amount based upon my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). At first I did it by some of the online calculators but then I got a Bodymedia Fit armband and my total daily calorie burn is around 2000-2400 without even stepping foot in the gym and then from there I take about a 500 calorie deficit to lose 1 lb a week. MFP had me at 1300 calories and that was way too low for me, couldn't function, felt weak, hungry and cranky.
  • MardiGrasMichelle
    MardiGrasMichelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....well this is my first time ever counting calories....tried 1200 too low and then 1550 no results so now I am at 1300.....decided today to sign up for my first Body-For-Life Challenge also. Wanted to do it in 2005 and 2007 but my life was too busy at the time. Any advice is greatly appreciated:)
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    I am starting BFL tomorrow. I did it about 10 years ago and had fantastic results. I am at my goal weight now, but really want to get my tone and shape better. After having 3 kids in 2 years (set of twins), I seem really flabby :(. Anyone else out there starting tomorrow or soon?

Scarlet
  • TabethaH5
    TabethaH5 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am doing the BFL women's. I lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks. Then I found MFP and Lost other pound. I also lost 13.75 inches. I combine both and am having great results