Anyone else losing weight post baby/babies?

Options
Hi,
I'm Tilly and live in the Channel Islands, between the UK and France.
I'm 41 and have had 6 children in the last 6.5 years. (They're 6, 5, 3 and twins of 4 months).
That's it now though, no more babies, so all the baby weight, and, tbh, the excess from before I had the babies, has to come off.

Anyone on the same mission want to join me?

Replies

• crunchy_runner
    crunchy_runner Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's the same reason I'm here. It's been over 2.5 years since I've had my son and I still haven't lost the last 10 lbs. Plus the weight, I'm just flabbier everywhere. They've always said losing the pregnancy weight can be tough but I didn't realize it would be this difficult for me!
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Ive been pregnant or nursing since. Early 2007. I have 3 kids 4 and under! I'm in a similar boat. Youngest is almost 7 months.
  • MrsEast08
    MrsEast08 Posts: 1
    Options
    That me! I had 2 kids in two years and the weight just doesn't seem to want to go anywhere... I joined this site to help me along. Hopefully knowing I will have to log my daily foods will encourage me to make wiser food choices everyday!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My eldest was 3 last month and my youngest is 14 months, and I've been losing weight since my daughter was 8 weeks old. I'm now able to fit into clothes I wore on my honeymoon (just before I got pregnant with my eldest) but I still need to lose more to get back into my clothes from about 10 years ago (size 12 trousers).

Although I can fit into old clothes, I still don't like my belly, and I need to tone up all over.

I have personal training sessions twice a week and also go to the gym on my own, plus go out with my kids all the time.

So, i'd like to lose maybe a stone and a half still. I've lost jjust over 2.5 stone since last year.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I have three kids all under 5. My oldest will be 5 in November and my youngest is 18 mos. I have lost 50+ lbs so far, and I still have a few more to lose as well as some major toning. It is aweosme to add new friends, we can really help motivate eachother!
  • cytaylor1
    cytaylor1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello....i have two kids...a 5yr old girl and a 3yr old boy....from the both of them, i gained 40lbs....i want to lose all that weight so i can be what my goal weight was before i got pregnant...feel free to add me too..WE CAN DO THIS GIRLS!!!! ^_^
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    I have a three year old and the weight wasn't so hard to lose but after I had my son (now 1) I have been stuck at 165 so trying to lose the last 30ish pounds. We all can do this!! add me if you like!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I have a 7 year old and a 17 month old - I have weight to lose from both my babies, I gained 60 with my first and lost about 40 of that then I got married and gained 20 pounds then got pregnant and gained 20 pounds.....lost that pretty quickly after the baby was born but have since gained it all back plus a few more....DETERMINED to lose at least 40 pounds though!

Feel free to add me - I am always looking for supportive friends!
  • TillyGuernsey
    Options
    Excellent, there are a few of us! I will add those of you who said I may and accept those who've added me.
    Maybe we can keep each other going!
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Have lost 49 lbs am no prebaby weight. Yay. Still only half way there to my goal. Come join our group. We start a 6 week challenge on Tuesday. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4539-fab-fours
  • jibbala
    jibbala Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Im losing weight prebaby making...does this count?! I hope to avoid winding up too heavy and out of shape after having kids so Im trying to be proactive.
  • clairbow
    clairbow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have 3 boys. 6 yrs, 4 yrs, and 9 months. All done having babies now just trying to loose the last bit of weight.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have three kids too - Max is 7, Lucy is 5 and Oliver is almost 3. My goal is my pre-pregnancy weight before my first. I saved all of the jeans and pants I grew out of hoping that *some day* I would fit into them again. Anyone can feel free to add me. We can all use the extra support! Let's all be some HOT mamas!!!
  • BreakingUpWith75lbs_Cass
    Options
    Me! I'm in the same boat!
  • frostyswife
    frostyswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hiya :) im kerry i live in the south west in the uk i had a baby 5.5month ago i also have a 7yr old ive had 2 sections and at my heaviest ive ever been and want to drop a dress size or 2 and get back in pre pgy clothes with out struggling to breathe unfrotunelty im not good at dieting and restricting things need a diet buddy!!! x