Anyone losing weight to have a baby?

Options
One of my reasons for losing weight is to be as healthy as possible when my husband and I decide to start a family. Who's with me?! What's your story? :smile:

Replies

• missdinkies
    missdinkies Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me! I want to give my future child the best possible start and hopefully help prevent them from having the same life long food/weight fight I've had!
  • shrympie
    shrympie Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey, 2 years ago i was 190 pounds and only got my period about 2-3 times a year. It wasn't hormones or anything like that. I had many test done and the Drs saw nothing wrong. At the time i had an 8 year old son and was ready for another, i was told that it could be my weight. Funny enough i went on a strick diet. I lost 30 pounds and during the weight lost i began getting a period monthly. I lost the weight by june.and i got pregnant in november. I now have a beautiful 11 month old baby, so now im finally trying to lose the baby weight. I just had a baby can only last for so long :)
  • shrympie
    shrympie Posts: 8
    Options
    Good luck guys. Its worth it.
  • Chryskk
    Chryskk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me!

In addition to the diet and exercise, I've cut out eating processed foods and will only buy groceries that are all natural. Is that the nesting instinct kicking in??
  • rach_00
    rach_00 Posts: 72
    Options
    I am
  • thecapaccino
    thecapaccino Posts: 138
    Options
    for getting pregnant...AND wedding next year!
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am. Last time I was pregnant I started out at 177, technically obese by my BMI. I ended up with impaired gestational diabetes and was super stressed about gaining weight. I ended up gaining 25 pounds. My midwife told me I should have only gained 15. It came off very easily, but I have yo -yoed since.

My husband and I want another child (I am 34 this year and don`t want to wait much longer). I promised myself that I would be at a healthy BMI before I tried again. So my goal is 140 before I start trying. So that is 27 pounds. I want to start trying beginning of October so that gives me 2 months. Not a very realistic goal, but we`ll see.
  • kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I already have 2 children, but I'm wanting a 3rd. However, I want to be in the best shape I can for my last pregnancy because I'm afraid it will only be harder to lose the weight then. I'm hoping to be at my goal weight by next May so we can start trying then!

Good luck everyone! Anyone can add me if they want!
  • cait0902
    cait0902 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Me! Have been trying to get pregnant with our 3rd for 8 months now, never had any issues before...this is the only time I have actually tried to get pregnant and, after reading the post from shrympie, I am wondering if this extra weight might be causing some issues =/
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Sort of.
    We aren't planning on having a kid for another few years (if we have one at all).
    If we do have one I want to be in the best shape possible so that I don't make it harder on myself than it needs to be.
  • karenk89
    karenk89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me I do. I want a child in the near future. If there is anybody that has any tips or wants to be friends feel free to add me. :)
  • ciddi
    ciddi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Me too. we haven't decided on this yet but I want to be in my best shape and health for my first pregnancy.
    Good luck and best wishes to you all. :)
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have two kids, but I had high blood pressure during both of those pregnancies, probably because of my weight, even though the doctor never said that. Thankfully we had good insurance, because I had to have 15 ultrasounds to monitor my amniotic fluid during my last pregnancy. Being in overweight during pregnancy not only puts you in the "high risk" category and can cause serious complications during pregnancy and during labor and delivery, but it can really run up your doctors bills! I had to be induced early with both as well to prevent preeclampsia (a high-blood pressure complication). I really want to have another baby in a couple of years, but by then I will be 33 or 34 which increases risk factors even more. So the only way I am going to let myself have another one is if I am at a super healthy weight . It's the only responsible thing to do.