cutting out excersise..yes or no

Options
hi everyone

I started fasting for the month of ramadan on Saturday, which means no food or drinks from sunrise to sunset, in canada that means 19 hours of fasting per day. yesterday i decided to continue with Jillian's extreme shed and shred workout about 2 hours after i broke my fast around 11. but after doing 15 minutes of the workout i was exhausted, and got a really bad headache too.

i want to loose weight, but during this month i also don't want to gain any weight...any suggestions on what i should do. should i cut out my exercise

by weight i meant loosing my inches....not so worried about the number on the scale

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I did intermittent fasting for a short time with an 8 hour eating window (16 hour fast) but I make sure I eat all my day's calories in the designated window. You can exercise but I'd cut back on the intensity - remember, you're health comes first. You can always pick up your intensity after ramadan is over.
  • daniat
    daniat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Why not exercise in the morning? Make sure you are well hydrated the night before. Would it be allowed to get up before sunrise to exercise? That way you could drink after exercising.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Give it a few more days. Perhaps you will adjust. Make sure that when night time comes, you're eating sufficiently, to cover the whole day of fasting.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post, don't push too hard, eat sufficiently and exercising 1st thing rather than at the and of the day when your body is ready to stock up again sounds better.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    How about just walk? I doubt you'll wear yourself out doing that, but it's good for you and will help burn some extra calories. Maybe wait till sundown, eat something small, go for a walk, then come back and have a larger meal.
  • skazerani
    skazerani Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ramadan Mubarak sister !

I am fasting also, I don't think it is good to do any excersize untill you brake your fast. you might get too dehydration. I excersize really early like 3am so I can eat a recovery meal and hydrate before I start fasting. I am doing insanity (2nd month) and also lifting. I also take a nap during day so that I don't get to tired. good luck, add me as a friend if you would like
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    You do not need to exercise to lose weight. Just maintain your calories and you will be fine. Exercise does not help much with weight loss. It helps with health and toning.