Vegetarian/Vegan

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any recipes for some vegetarian dishes? I just find it hard to find some online where you cannot see what others have thought of them..
Or even vegan recipes, I wouldn't mind some of those as I am slowly making the transition from vegetarian to vegan.

Replies

• ncpromom
    ncpromom Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Alyssac,
    I'm a 22 year vegi and I have a few recipes you could try. My family loves them.

Vegi Chili

1-2 Butternut Squash, diced
    2 Carrots, chopped
    1 Md. Onion, chopped
    1 can diced Tomatoes, or fresh
    2 cans Beans (Black, Kidney, Pinto, Navy or any combination) drained
    1 can diced chilies with juice
    1 cup broth or stock
    2-3 Tbsp Chili powder
    1 tsp. salt
    1/4 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
    Sour Cream for topping

Combine all ingredients (except Cilantro and Sour Cream) in large crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Serve hot topped with Cilantro and Sour Cream. Is also good over rice or pasta.

Tomale Pie

1 can Black Beans
    1 can Fat Free Refried Beans
    2 cups Starch (Cooked Rice, Canned Whole Kernel Corn or combination)
    1 Md Onion, Sauted
    1 cup Salsa (Hot, Md or Mild)
    1 packet Taco Seasoning
    1 can Black Olives, drained and chopped
    3 cups Shredded Cheddar
    4 Md. Tomatoes, sliced
    1 Package Flour Tortillas
    2 pyrex pie plates or 1 deep dish pie plate

Mix first 7 ingredients, Layer tortilla, bean mix, tomatoes and cheese three times. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes so slices will come out firm.

Lentil Shepherds Pie

2 Tbsp. Veg. oil
    1 Small Onion, chopped
    1 Clove Garlic, chopped
    2 Tbsp. White Flour
    1-2 cups Stock
    1/2 tsp. Thyme
    1/8 tsp. Salt
    1/4 tsp ground pepper
    2 cups cooked lentils
    1 10 os. pkg of frozen vegi of your choice
    4 cups mashed potatoes
    1 tsp. Paprika

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish. In a frying pan, heat oil and saute onions and garlic. Stir in flour until absorbed. Add broth, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until comes to a boil. Stir in lentils and frozen vegis. Spoon into dish and top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle Paprika on top and bake for 40 minutes.

Also try Sloppy Joes with Morningstar or Boca Beef type crumbles. They're great too.

Best Wishes,
    Elaine
  • Those sound so good!
    Thank you, I cannot wait to try them! :)
  • rediup
    rediup Posts: 16
    yes i have a few vegan recipes is there anything in pertictual you like
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    There are easy and relatively healthy (I skip the sour cream and I don't like kidney beans so I use double black beans or pinto beans)
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup water
    1 (15-ounce) can organic black beans, drained
    1 (15-ounce) can organic kidney beans, drained
    3 tablespoons refrigerated fresh salsa $
    6 (10-inch) reduced-fat flour tortillas (such as Mission) $
    1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese $
    1 1/2 cups chopped plum tomato (about 3) $
    1 1/2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
    6 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
    6 tablespoons light sour cream $
    Preparation
    1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in chile powder and salt; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/3 cup water and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salsa. Partially mash bean mixture with a fork.
    2. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/3 cup bean mixture into center of each tortilla. Top each serving with about 2 1/2 tablespoons cheese, 1/4 cup tomato, 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon onions, and 1 tablespoon sour cream; roll up.

Serves 4
    Vegetarian Pasta w/ Garlic White Wine Sauce (Loaded with veggies I always add some sauteed spinach its great with anything, I eat this as a lunch on night I know I'm going for a run,the sauce is light and delicious it's also great served as a side w/ stuffed bell peppers)
    You will need:

1/2 pound dried linguine
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    3 cups fresh broccoli florets
    1 cup sliced carrots
    1 cup sliced red onion
    1 cup sliced zucchini
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1/4 cup dry white wine
    fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt
    freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain but reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
    While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet large enough to fit the cooked pasta. Once hot add garlic cook just until its fragrant about 30 seconds. Add broccoli. Cook 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Add carrots, red onions and zucchini. Cook 3 minutes. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and pour wine over the top and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until veggies are softened.
    Add cooked noodles to the pan. Toss to combine. If pasta seems dry, add reserved pasta water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
    Transfer to a serving platter and top with Parmesan cheese.
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    There is an incredible blog called www.ohsheglows.com. She has a TON of vegan recipies that are so so so good, I cannot even begin to describe how good. Plus, most of the ingredients are things a normal non-gormet chef person has heard of and can afford.
    My go to place for recipies right now!!
    I have made the Red Quinoa & Black bean salad, the Green Monster smoothie, the Vegan Enchiladas with Cilantro Avacado Cream Sauce (heavenly :)).
    Best of luck!