I lost my butt during the weight loss journey :(

Options
I lost my butt in the process of losing 40 lbs and I want it back!!!

:( How the HELL do I get my butt to be bigger again?

Replies

• just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You can have mine! It's sticking around forever it seems. And the girls, too. Ugh!

Not sure how to regain the butt, perhaps lifting weights or squats or dead lifts can enhance the muscle definition in that region?
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges and then....squats and lunges........:D
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Lots of Squats, lunges, step ups, etc....with weights.....Eat protein....Repeat.

At least that's how I'm attempting to get one, (though I'm building from scratch :sad: )
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    Same problem here! But i DO squats & lunges?! Bum is just shrinking away though! :(
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to cry LOL
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I lost my butt in the process of losing 40 lbs and I want it back!!!

:( How the HELL do I get my butt to be bigger again?

Air Squats, heavy squats, straight leg dead lifts, and lunges. If you run long distance switch to sprints. Running will make an *kitten* disappear.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Same problem here! But i DO squats & lunges?! Bum is just shrinking away though! :(

barbell hip thrusts/glute bridge produces More glute (thats your butt muscles) activation than any other exercise. (yes more than squats and lunges)

google them to learn how to do it correctly, also google 'bret contreras''
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

barbell hip thrusts/glute bridge produces More glute (thats your butt muscles) activation than any other exercise. (yes more than squats and lunges)

google them to learn how to do it correctly, also google 'bret contreras''

Ohhh you're right, I forgot about bridges! Thanks for reminding me, I need to put them back in my routine!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    By building up some muscle in your butt area!

[Weighted] squats..lunges...deadlifts are fantastic! I LOVE the improvement in my legs/butt since I started those lifts! Also, the deeper you go in squats, the more you work your glutes/hamstrings, as opposed to just your quads.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Try the Butt Bible, its amazing!!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I dont think u can really make urself have a bigger butt if u have the genes for a small one, but u can shape and lift the one u have. I'm trying Brazil Butt Lift for my tiny booty.
    I do lunges and squats like every day as well. I lift heavy too, but I dont think it will make my butt bigger cuz that's not how I'm made.
  • Journey72
    Journey72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LOL! Squats and lunges :-)
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Air Squats, heavy squats, straight leg dead lifts, and lunges. If you run long distance switch to sprints. Running will make an *kitten* disappear.

<
    If running makes an *kitten* disappear I need to run 5 miles a day lol
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The Butt Bible you can watch it on youtube You do level 1 for two week, level 2 for two weeks, level 3 for 2 weeks. Lower level mondays, upper levels on tuesday, rest or cardio on wed, then lower thursday, upper friday, rest on weekends. It is tough but I just finished my first two weeks of level one and am already seeing good results. Will lift and tone that area. :) Good luck :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You can't get bigger, but if you do lots of squats and lunges, it will get rounder. :happy: And rounder is better than big sometimes!
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    squats lunges and dead lifts.

i rather trade in my jiggles for a tight toned bubble that looks kissable in a thong. :flowerforyou:
  • celtic_ink
    celtic_ink Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So don't take this the wrong way, but a fit butt is a sexy butt...
  • tamiehelt
    tamiehelt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No doubt! I had a butt all of my life and lost it when I got down to about 122. For me the bubble on the top portion is what disappeared. I've begun to incorporate, I'm not sure the name for it so I'll describe it, on my knees and elbows, pull one knee forward and then back to a straight leg, lifting it as high as I reasonably can, with an extra little bounce-lift at the top of the extension turning my leg out. I do 3 sets of 25 on each leg. This seems to get the muscle high on the rear. After a few weeks I'm starting to notice of difference. Good luck!
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    No doubt! I had a butt all of my life and lost it when I got down to about 122. For me the bubble on the top portion is what disappeared. I've begun to incorporate, I'm not sure the name for it so I'll describe it, on my knees and elbows, pull one knee forward and then back to a straight leg, lifting it as high as I reasonably can, with an extra little bounce-lift at the top of the extension turning my leg out. I do 3 sets of 25 on each leg. This seems to get the muscle high on the rear. After a few weeks I'm starting to notice of difference. Good luck!

I think that might be called a donkey kick. I forgot all about those. I used to do them all the time.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Bump!