If you were told...

Options
If you were told that no matter how much you exercised you wouldn't lose any more weight, would you still exercise?

For me, yes. I love my morning run, my kick boxing. The feeling I get after a workout is amazing, gotta love endorphins :wink:

I love challenging myself, pushing myself to new limits. Plus, it gives me so much more energy and I love refuelling my body with good food.

Exercise = Very happy me :happy:

Replies

• goddamnelectric
    Options
    Definitely. Gotta love that runner's high :smokin: LOL
  • staceyd90
    staceyd90 Posts: 43
    Options
    No haha.

I do love the feeling i get after stepping off the treadmill, i just dont like the leading up to it, the struggle, the sweat...its just not something i enjoy. The only reason i work out is because i have done MFP for about 4 months in the past without working out, and without losing a single pound (Im 10 stone) so i guess i have to eat well AND exercise to let the weight drop off (2 days into trying that theory!!)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am not exercising to lose weight. I am exercising to be healthy.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would still exercise. I don't particularly enjoy it, but I can tell it makes a difference in the way I feel afterwards. If I lay around all week, my body feels like mush. If I workout at least three times a week, I feel like I have more energy overall.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Since I've been approximately the same weight for over a year now... I suppose the answer is yes. :laugh:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Lol, Yes been told that by my brother, whom refers to me as fatty! My mom who thinks I'm neglecting or ignoring my husband because I exercise too much. I feel better after exercise I'm not doing it for them, I'm trying to better myself so I say piss on what pessimist say!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yes because there is always something you can improve.. whether its your body fat or a nsv like running a faster race or lifting more weight. Also, its been proven that those who workout keep the weight off as compared to those who stop exerciing.exercising.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    When it's cold out, yes. Last Winter I developed a real appreciation for how good I felt after I worked out in the brisk cold.

During Summer? Nope. I can't force myself to workout most days even when I know it helps.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • leserpent
    leserpent Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yes.

diet for weight loss.

exercise for health and happiness <3
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    agreed my exercising regiments have slowly shifted away from weight loss and more towards accomplishments and pushing myself to the fullest. If someone told me that i can lie I would be a little mad because weight loss is a nice bonus but i would still continue running.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with the weight I am now and am working on maintaining it, so yes, absolutely! I love the adrenaline I get from exercise, from beating a personal best and from knowing that I wouldn't have been able to do what I'm doing now a year ago. Exercise isn't just about losing weight. It's a way of life!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Yes! I feel healthier.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am not exercising to lose weight. I am exercising to be healthy.

^^THIS^^ I might not do it as often as I do, but I definitely wouldn't quit all together becuase I know it's better for my heart. I've got a family history of heart problems, so I definitely wouldn't stop.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I exercise for other reasons, I figure it only helps me 10% with weight loss
  • theskinnysociopath
    Options
    Probably. It feels good and helps me sleep which i have a hard time doing most nights. added to that the amazing feeling after and the way working out helps kill stress. I love it!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Also, i exercise so i can eat an extra 500+ calories. And i love to eat.
  • Strong_Fit_Able
    Options
    yes.

diet for weight loss.

exercise for health and happiness <3

This ^

"30% Gym, 70% Diet... Ab's are made in the kitchen"
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    well, yea... exercise is about more than weight loss. You can diet and lose weight, you exercise to look fabulous, to maintain muscle mass, to have better blood pressure and a better resting heart rate, to feel strong, to look healthy, to stay flexible into old age... heck yea i would exercise
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Depends if you told me if I didn't exercise I wouldn't put on weight?

In that case hell no, I have better things to do with my time. It isn't that I wouldn't be active but it wouldn't be time "slated for exercise", I'd be off doing more social stuff