Birthday is 119 days.. I'm wondering

Options
Is it possible for me to lose 70 lbs in 119 days & if so will someone please please share with me what types of things I should be doing to get somewhat close to that. I really want this weight off my birthday! :) Thanks in advance

Replies

• heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 2 years to lose 95 pounds. I don't think that is a realistic or healthy goal.
  • KateeAndersonn
    Options
    It took me almost 2 years to lose 95 pounds. I don't think that is a realistic or healthy goal.

That's what my mom said. I was just curious. :) I wouldn't do anything crazy though to lose the weight.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't think that it can be done, and it wouldn't be healthy. Just eat right and exercise and you will lose the weight eventually!
  • KateeAndersonn
    Options
    I don't think that it can be done, and it wouldn't be healthy. Just eat right and exercise and you will lose the weight eventually!

I just want a realistic goal that I can reward myself for on my birthday. Any suggestions? Ya'll are being so helpful. :flowerforyou:
  • smoore0411
    smoore0411 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    give it a shot! What's the worse that could happen, lose 50 instead? Like you said, don't do anything crazy but I'm a firm believer in setting your sights at the moon. Decrease carbs, increase cardio and always add resistance training. Good luck!
  • kdw_130
    kdw_130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight loss is between 1-2 pounds per week. If you were able to lose 2 lb/week for 17 weeks (119 days) the maximum amount of weight you would be losing in a healthy way is 34 pounds. To be realistic I'd look at settinng a goal between 17-34 pounds, maybe 25 pounds? That would allow you some leeway if some weeks are better then others, and 25 pounds is still a significant amount of weight and will make a positive difference in how you look and feel. Good luck!
  • KateeAndersonn
    Options
    Healthy weight loss is between 1-2 pounds per week. If you were able to lose 2 lb/week for 17 weeks (119 days) the maximum amount of weight you would be losing in a healthy way is 34 pounds. To be realistic I'd look at settinng a goal between 17-34 pounds, maybe 25 pounds? That would allow you some leeway if some weeks are better then others, and 25 pounds is still a significant amount of weight and will make a positive difference in how you look and feel. Good luck!

:) I think I'm gonna set my goal between 25-50 lbs. That way I won't be disappointed.