Settings on MFP

Options
I had a quick question about some of the tools in MFP

Like the quick setting for exercise (the machine I use is called the arc trainer-burns 16% more calories than the elliptical, but that machine is not on MFP's options), so I could add the calories separately.

And I see other members adding the calories on their own with no food listed at meals or snacks...and also adding times for when they have snacks.

How can I do this? I'm having a hard time finding these tools/options.

Replies

• MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    This is a legit question-I'm trying to see why I can't access certain parts of the site.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    To add calories without adding a food name, just click on Quick Calories Only. When you click on food and add food, it is at the top of the page near the search bar to the right.

To add your own burned calories in, just search any exercise and at the bottom of that page it says something along the lines of "Can't find what you're looking for? Add your own exercise" and click on that and you should be able to put in the minutes and calories.

Is that what you're looking for?
  • echandle12
    echandle12 Posts: 82
    Options
    also under settings go to Diary settings and you can change meals/times to anything you want. I have seen pre workout and post workout meals, times, etc... play around a bit and it will make sense
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    Exactly-thanks so much!