I don't want to be a quitter anymore!!

Options
I keep losing weight, only to gain back even more. I need to stop 'dieting' and just change my lifestyle and stick to it. I lost about 45lb last Summer, but I gained even more back within several months. Now, I'm at my heaviest ever and in the worst shape of my life! My husband's a Natural Bodybuilder and he's pretty much in the best shape of his life....which makes me feel even worse about myself.
I got into bodybuilding (weight lifting) when I met my husband several years ago, and I love it. I just have a problem with the eating healthy part, along with the cardio exercises (which is both key to losing weight!!). I can lift weights for hours, but without doing enough cardio and eating right, I just build muscle underneath my fat (just getting bulky instead of lean).

I think my problem is not having a support system. Yeah, my husband is...kind-of, but he's already in great shape, so I need someone in the same boat as I am to truly understand me, so we can help each other. My goal is to lose 100lb...which is almost half of my current weight. Is there anyone out there trying to do the same?? I need a support system BAD!! HELP!!!

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

Glad to have you here
  • fatasstobadass
    fatasstobadass Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It seems like you're fed up — and that's great! I've been in a similar boat myself. I lost 100 pounds, kept that off but for the past 8 months, I just can't seem to lose weight without gaining it back.

But I think I found the solution!

Weight loss is not a temporary thing. It's a lifestyle change. Meaning, don't strip all your favorite foods to lose weight. If you love cookies, biscuits and things of that nature — incorporate them in your diet. Count your calories... that's how you'll keep the weight off. By eating your favorite foods but just portions of those.

Use all the opportunities to workout with your husband and feel free to talk to us on here. We are your fitness/health family!

Good luck!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

Weight loss is not a temporary thing. It's a lifestyle change. Meaning, don't strip all your favorite foods to lose weight. If you love cookies, biscuits and things of that nature — incorporate them in your diet. Count your calories... that's how you'll keep the weight off. By eating your favorite foods but just portions of those.

Use all the opportunities to workout with your husband and feel free to talk to us on here. We are your fitness/health family!

Good luck!

^^^ I Agree with this^^^. You're beautiful and you can do this! Good luck!
  • Yuko4649
    Yuko4649 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, just seeing how much you guys already lost is motivating me! Thank you for your support, and I know I can reach my goal this time!!:smile::smile:
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. There are a lot of supportive and helpful people here.. You can do this!
  • Yuko4649
    Yuko4649 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have to be honest guys. I was about 50lb lighter in this profile pic than what I am now. Couldn't even find a current picture of myself, cuz I realized I try so hard not to have my pictures taken. So sad....
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be either. I have been for years (and years) but no more! Add me for support.
  • StyleForever
    StyleForever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 107 pounds. This is one of the hardest things I've had to do and I keep messing up. I am however determined to do this. My husband and I are now in a competition. :smile: It's refreshing to see there are people out there just like me.
  • StyleForever
    StyleForever Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW! I thought I was the only one who didn't like taking pictures.
  • morgancbd
    morgancbd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hi there, I'm Morgan, i just joined and i want to lose more than a hundred lbs. I've tried in the past but always gave up. i am almost 29 and haven't lived yet and i know its my weight that is holding me back. but you guys have motivated me to start moving my butt so thanks!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    It seems like you're fed up — and that's great! I've been in a similar boat myself. I lost 100 pounds, kept that off but for the past 8 months, I just can't seem to lose weight without gaining it back.

But I think I found the solution!

Good luck!

what he said!!! because the loose wt quick diets dont last and you gain it back! (like low carb.. no breads or whatever) yeah great so once youve lost some you just wanna go and eat a whole loaf of bread!! cuz u havent had it.. i love this plan.. (i have about 50#'s min to loose and want ending goal at 80#'s.. (i started MFP a wk ago at 231 am now 229 .. and want to be min 180 and ultimate goal 150 and in shape with that.. tone!.. you can do it.. i love this plan so far.. downoaded it to my phone also.. and its all about caries in and our (food/exerxcise) and you like what you like so am still eating what i want/like but LESS and making better decisions too.. and working out more too
  • mistyislosingit
    mistyislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation as you. I'm so sick of being fat and I need to lose 94 pounds just to be at the high end of the healthy weight range for me. I can lose weight pretty easliy, but after a few weeks, I get sidetracked and start my old eating habits back again and regain what I've lost. I can definintely use the support, too. Friend me if you want and we'll cheer each other on!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I don't feel diets work...sure you may lose weight and feel great doing it...but once you wean yourself off it's so easy to gain everything back plus that 10 or more pounds. I've done it for years and years and each time gained extra. I now have about 140 pounds to lose...almost half my weight as well. I have diabetes and have found a wonderful doctor in my city that is doing everything in his power to get me in better health. I now have a lifestyle that I can live with my blood sugar is under good control and I feel healthier every day. I look forward to seeing you get thinner.
  • SouthernMomofTwo
    Options
    I agree! I can NOT commit to anything. I want to so bad but have no excuse as to why I don't.
  • andrea2787
    andrea2787 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You've taken the first step and admitted you need help. You've also taken the second step and ASKED for it, which puts you in a great position to actually do this right! Take baby steps; remember - this is a lifestyle change, not just a diet.

I too, have 100+ pounds to lose. The biggest thing you're going to have to accept is that you will not be perfect on this journey. But you are on it, so there is no backing down now! Count your calories, update your status on here and tell people how you're really feeling, because in the end, if you keep those emotions bottled up, you're going to explode one day, and fall of the wagon!

I believe in you, and I'm proud of you for taking this step!

Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)