A little over half way to goal! (with pics)

Options
Skeen903
Skeen903 Posts: 408 Member
The pictures that are in white are from 3-29-2012 and the pictures in black are from today 7-22-2012. I don't have any pictures from my original start; but my starting weight was 252 and my goal is 152 lbs. Currently I am at 208.5 lbs.

I started my weight loss journey because I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My doctor told me I needed to lose 100 lbs. I started out by just changing my eating and I was able to drop about 20-30 lbs that way before I plateaued. It was then that I realized I needed to start working out as well as eating healthier if I ever wanted to reach my weight goal and become a more healthy me.

Well these are my progress pics so far and I am halfway through my journey to healthy!

Also since August of 2011 I have brought my A1C down to 6.4, lost 43 lbs, brought my pulse rate down from 100 at resting to 76, and brought my BMI down from 40 to 34 thus far.

And hopefully... here are the pictures I am trying to post :)

fotoflexer_photo.jpg

Replies

• Skeen903
    Options
    fotoflexer_photo-2.jpg

Here are the photos that got cut off.
  • Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    great results!!!
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You are making great progress! Way to go!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You can really see the progress well done
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Your journey to health is inspiring and you look incredible too :)
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Wow, girl! That's a noticable difference! WTG!

ADDED: And the more impressive thing is the fact that in a short time of focused effort, your numbers are improved! You just extended your LIFE, Sam!!!! Long live the SHARKS!!!!
  • shiremom69
    shiremom69 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Happy for you! Keep it up!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Here's to the success of the half way mark :drinker: and to the rest of the journey:drinker:

You are JAWSOME!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job...so far ;) Keep it up!
  • somegirl1123
    somegirl1123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are an inspiration to the rest of us!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your efforts are paying off :D
  • kccadmac
    kccadmac Posts: 13
    Options
    Congratulations! You're an inspiration!
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Fantastic effort. Very inspirational :)
  • Skeen903
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone :) PS I forgot to mention in August 2011 my A1C was 11.3
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    That is beyond so awesome! Way to go and way to be proactive with your health! It is truly inspiring and shows that with simple determination and drive you can achieve your goal! Way to go and Look forward to congratulating you on meeting your goal! :bigsmile:
  • kymahn214
    kymahn214 Posts: 6
    Options
    awesome, great pictures, keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing....:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!