A little NSV

Options
This is my first time sharing an actual NSV with everyone! Over the last 2 1/2 months, I've gotten really serious about losing some of this weight, and so far I've lost about 35 pounds. Yesterday, I saw some friends that I hadn't seen for a while, and one of my friends that I hadn't seen since the end of May said that I'm looking a *lot* thinner. And that got everyone asking about what I'm doing to lose weight and all that stuff, so I told them about logging my calories on MFP, and how I've just been eating smaller meals more frequently, drinking lots of water, exercising at least 60 minutes a day, and eating all my meals on smaller plates. It was such a great feeling!

I've got a long way to go before I reach my UGW still (about 140-150 pounds), but I'm getting there!

Replies

• nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    You are doing GREAT. Keep up the good work. Logging is essential and support from MFP pals on here makes it that much better. :smile:
  • lostwisdom
    lostwisdom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! There's nothing better than someone that doesn't have a clue what you're doing commenting in a positive way about how you've changed :D

I'm visiting some friends in September that I last saw in May, and reaaally hoping my weight loss might be showing by then, would be a huge NSV (as yours is!!)
  • Jason67o48
    Jason67o48 Posts: 87
    Options
    Sounds great and also sounds all too familiar. Grats on your success so far... keep it up and do not be deterrred and do not reward yourself and let loose. Keep the hard work going and do not stop until you have reached your REAL goal. Thanks for sharing :) This is what gets me going. Cheers!!!!
  • CeCe_oceansoul_420
    CeCe_oceansoul_420 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I actually indulge a little bit each day in something unhealthy just for the taste of it; the difference is I fit it into my calories for the day, rather than giving myself "splurge" days. I'm super careful about what I eat on the days I'm not exercising (though those days are rare; I usually take one day off from exercise every two weeks), and I don't go beyond single portions of anything. I eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm no longer hungry, and give myself time to digest before I eat more. And it's working! I think this time I'm going to be successful because I've got MFP, plus I'm thinking of my weight loss more in terms of nutrition and exercise goals, rather than simply weight loss. The weight will come off naturally so long as I stick to my diet and exercise goals. Super excited!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It's great when others notice your hard work. Well done!
  • 123meg123
    123meg123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well done CeCe! You are so consistent and dedicated, I'm so glad your friends noticed the results. Great motivation to keep it up.

Have a wonderful week. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!