hungrier on rest days?

Options
mbakken90
mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
I noticed today that I'm WAY hungrier than I am on days I work out. Is this normal? I work out 6 days a week and today is my off day. Just wondering if that is typical or if there's something off?

Replies

• jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Yep, I get this too!

I tend to take my rest day mostly on a Sunday and sometimes have a massive Roast or Fish & Chip Supper or something I wouldn't ever eat on a training day......

I think it's good to have a calorie spike to keep your body guessing every now and then. And why not on a rest day when I'm feeling ravenous anyway?
  • signace40
    signace40 Posts: 3
    Options
    SO weird! I do too. Days I work out, I could go a long time without eating. But rest days I think I just have too much idle time to think about the bad foods I love! lol
    Take care,
    Jen
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nice thanks for the opinions. I didn't eat anything really that bad today so maybe I will enjoy something. I'm currently starving and need to eat! haha
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think mine is mental...seeing my actual calorie intake w/o getting any exercise calories back (hey, it's like a free meal every day!) is mentally hard! If I eat my "normal" breakfast, lunch and snacks on rest days then I'm left with 400 cals or less for dinner, and my body is used to at least 600 or more for dinner!
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ditto... I just think maybe your body is trying to refuel itself while it has the chance. If I work out hard I'm never hungry! Possible that your body isn't hungry during training days maybe because it limits blood flow to the digestive system? seems to make sense to me, but I've actually never looked into it
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm the same way, but I've convinced myself that it's all in my head because I know I can't eat as much as I usually do, so of course I want to, lol.
  • ColochaMocha
    ColochaMocha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it happened to me today! I was just wondering about that too... sometimes when I exercise I have a hard time reaching my calorie goal :huh: