NSV: 10 mile run!

Options
wombat94
wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
Today I had my first 10 mile run.

10 miles in 2:00:11 (12:01 minute per mile pace)

The best part was that the second half was faster than the first and the last mile was fastest of all!

6 months ago next week I was struggling through the 90 second running intervals in week 1 of Couch 2 5K... today I ran (virtually non stop) for two whole hours!

Ted

Replies

• Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Wow - that is amazing! I could walk 10 miles, but not run. Good for you!
  • kay4489
    kay4489 Posts: 36
    Options
    that's awesome! i'm doing the c25k as well. i've been doing it outside because i know the treadmill is easier. i hope i can 10 miles straight one day!
  • awilcox1014
    Options
    I agreed to run a 10K with a friend in November. This week I will make it to 3 miles. I love stories like yours - I remind myself of them in the mornings when I "think" I am dieing. Thank you for sharing!
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and PRs are to always be celebrated!
  • Jessintherain
    Jessintherain Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great job! Keep up the great work!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Awesome 10!!! Way to goooooo :drinker:
  • dela1000
    dela1000 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hell yea! Congrats! You're pretty close to 13.1. Are you considering that?
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Can't wait til I can run 10mi. Way to go. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • Christine_Bean
    Options
    Congrats! What a great accomplishment! On your way to a half-marathon?
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I am indeed on my way to a half marathon... I've actually already registered for three of them.

First is September 8th in Lancaster County, PA. Then the Philly Half Marathon in November and the Walt Disney World Half in January.

I'm hoping to run the Philly Marathon in November 2013.

Ted
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!