protein bars and shakes

Options
I'm a nurse, I work very long hours without a break to eat at times. I have a protein bar in the morning which can sometimes last me until 2pm. I am getting bored of clif bars. I would like to try some new ones that are just as good or protein shakes. What are everyone's favorites?

Replies

• amyheine
    amyheine Posts: 3
    Options
    Look at the Jay Robb line of products, they are the best out there for nutrition. Cliff Bars do have a lot of sugar and non-natural ingredients.
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    I love Luna bars! They have higher protein bars now. I'd pair it with a banana or some sort of fruit if it is your actual breakfast, though. I also like the South Beach bars.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    Hey:) I use Vitacost protein powder sweetened with stevia. It's the most cost effective I've found without ingredients I don't want.

Lately, I've just stirred it up and poured it over ice and it's great :)!
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have to watch my money, so I buy premier nutrition protein bars (chocolate peanut butter are the best) at walmart. they have 30 grams of protein and 280 calories, only cost $1.18 each so it's something I can afford while actually having more protein and less calories than some of the more expensive brands there. and i throw in the body fortress super advanced whey chocolate with silk pure almond unsweetened vanilla milk shakes a couple times a day too
  • rahknight
    rahknight Posts: 4
    Options
    Think thin bars are great. They have no sugar and just a few gr of sugar alcohol. 20g protein.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If you are a nurse and cautious as to what ingredients you put in your body, then only one bar out there deserves to be tossed in your mouth - All Natural Quest Protein Bars.

Coconut Cashew (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate, Isomalto-Oligosaccharides, Almonds, Water, Erythritol, Coconut, Cashews, Sea Salt, Natural Flavors, Lo Han Guo, Stevia)
    Calories 170
    Fat 6g
    Sodium 270mg
    Carbs 24g
    Fiber 17g
    Sugars 2g
    Sugar Alcohol 6g
    Protein 20g
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Met-Rx has really tasty bars with very little sugar and A LOT of protein. My favorite is creamy peanut butter crisp, it's to die for and it keeps me full for 2-3 hours. :)
  • bsnmomtomany
    bsnmomtomany Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! Can't wait to try them all out :)
  • soul_sista88
    soul_sista88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just started with the protein bars. I like the Special K Chocolate Chip and also Special K Cranberry Walnut .
  • Omsy828
    Omsy828 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Syntha-6 best tasting slow release protein shake. IMO cookies nd cream is the best. I fast for ramadan and it last me throughout the day without getting hungry
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    If you are a nurse and cautious as to what ingredients you put in your body, then only one bar out there deserves to be tossed in your mouth - All Natural Quest Protein Bars.

I agree- Quest Bars are THE BEST! I only eat the original line though. 6 flavors, all yummy and no sugar alcohols.
  • tem85745
    tem85745 Posts: 1
    Options
    Abbott Lab Zone Bars have lots of different flavors and I find that they are very filling.
  • NotSoShabby
    Options
    Lean Body by Labrada, protein shakes on the go, the Vanilla icecream flavor is delish !!
  • Steventhehro
    Steventhehro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do the Amplified wheybolic 60 from GNC (I work at GNC..) and I'm a huge fan of Banana cream, Cookies and cream, and strawberry. All very doable. The fruit punch is disgusting. I've also tried like 20 different bars..our pro performance cookies and cream are hands down the best tasting..I also like the muscle milk light bars, great taste.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I like Think Thin bars, which have 20g protein and no sugar; Luna bars, which taste great and there are tons of interesting flavors; Pure Protein bars and shakes, which have no sugar, and the shakes have 35g protein for 170 calories, which is the best ratio I've found yet; and lastly Lara bars, if you're looking for a bar with just a few, natural ingredients (not a protein bar though).