Rewards For Sticking to your Diet?

Hey guys (: when you have a good day (like you don't overeat and you get your exercise in), how do you reward yourself without over-indulging? Is it more of a food thing, or something non-caloric, like a massage? Please let me know, and also--feel free to add me cause I need some support!
Thanks

Replies

• Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    I need to find some. I'm really struggling lately with staying in my calorie range.
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    if i have enough calories i'll indulge in some of my favorite healthy foods. if not i'll do my nails, have a foot bath, dye my hair, something that is calorie free. If i break my own rule and get a food reward it's something like tea (which is virtually calorie free if you don't sweeten) or fresh fruit, things i wouldn't mind logging in. Every 10 lbs i lose i'm getting a hot stone massage to nurture my body :)
  • njobst
    njobst Posts: 14 Member
    I gave a book of "way to go" like stickers to a co-worker. I tell him each week what my weigh-in was, as well as how I've done each day. He is essentially the "keeper of the stickers" and decides whether or not I "deserve" one. Then, I put it on my calendar. I put that calendar behind my computer screen so I look at it all the time. Sounds silly, but it works.

I'm kind of doing the same thing with charms for my keychain. Each one will be a new weight lost.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Non-Food rewards: Massage, facial, mani/pedi, hair cut/color, clothing or jewelry (LOTS of options there), a night at the movies or something similar, a concert, a tattoo, even a vacation!
  • Sera16
    Sera16 Posts: 4 Member
    All my rewards are non-food based & I increase the reward for each milestone in my weight loss. At 5kg I'll be getting a facial, at 10Kg it's getting my hair done and so on...

Don't reward yourself with food as that is generally the problem, we see food as way of showing we've done something good.
  • Thanks guys! (: