Cinnamon Pills?

Options
Has anyone taken Cinnamon Pills. I watched on Doctors that it was the number 1 way to help you burn sugar/calories. Does it work? Or what do you think about it?:smile:

Replies

• ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    never heard of this - but i do like cinnamon!
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Never heard of them but interested to know if anyone has tried them.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic and I've been taking cinnamon for a long time because of its supposed benefit to controlling blood sugar. If it's done anything to help with weight loss I haven't noticed. It's cheap and harmless so it won't hurt to take it, but don't expect too much.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I take them, because I have high fasting blood sugar. My blood sugar is down, but so is my weight.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I take them.

Now, if someone wants to call it the placebo effect that is totally fine I won't argue but I really really think they help me control my hunger. They're suppose to help with keeping blood sugar steady so that might be why. I wouldn't say they directly cause you to lose weight but keeping my appetite in check is a huge part of weight loss for me. The days I forget to take them I really do notice my appetite is a lot more strong than normal. Again, if this is a placebo effect so be it. There have been a few studies done though on regular cinnamon consumption and it looks promising. Not saying it works for everyone but it does help me.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I used to have a friend, Jack.
    His family was not well off financially so it finally came to the point they would have to sell their last remaining asset, the family cow. So Jack was taking the cow into town to sell it, and along the way he met a guy that had these special beans. Beans that could grow the largest bean stalks in the world. So Jack traded the cow for the beans....

oh never mind.

If you think the pills will work wonders for you then they probably will.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I don't know so much about 'cinnamon pills', but cinnamon on it's own has some pretty good health benefits! Why not just take that with a teaspoon of honey? :)
  • bigphule
    bigphule Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes Cinnamon helps you process sugar. Can that help you lose weight... well the short answer is yes, but just eating cinnamon will not be enough to see actual weight loss results. Add a little bit of cinnamon, or a cinnamon pill to your healthy diet. Just don't expect it to be a miracle food that you add to your diet for a week and poof you just lost 50lbs! :wink:
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I used to have a friend, Jack.
    His family was not well off financially so it finally came to the point they would have to sell their last remaining asset, the family cow. So Jack was taking the cow into town to sell it, and along the way he met a guy that had these special beans. Beans that could grow the largest bean stalks in the world. So Jack traded the cow for the beans....

oh never mind.

If you think the pills will work wonders for you then they probably will.

I think that's derogatory. There's no need to be that snarky. Herbs and spices have been used for thousands of years to help certain ailments. As another poster said though, you could use plain cinnamon. I think it's a tablespoon throughout the day for the same benefits.
  • Ittybittysteps
    Options
    I've taken cinnamon pills for about a year. Has stopped the highs and lows connected with blood sugar. But as far as loosing weight, no it hasn't helped