INSANITY, what's your opinion on it?

Hey guy's I was just wondering if any of you have tried it and if so, what's your opinion on it and of course, share your results =]

I've lost about 20 lbs in the last year and I really want to tone my body and I could definitely do with dropping more weight.
Would you recommend insanity, why or why not?

ps: I'm not in super great shape, but I guess I'm alright.I did zumba and kickboxing classes for a while.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I just started it. I am on Week 2 starting tomorrow, today is the rest day for me. It is definitely HARD. I love it because you sweat buckets and afterwards I'm so sore but it's a great feeling. I'm not an athlete and I'm a smoker so if I can do it, you can too! :)

Edited to add: I also love that the people in the video need breaks, too. They are dripping with sweat, they fall on the floor, they have to take breaks, etc. It is much more encouraging to see that it's tough on them, too.
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    From my observation you have to be up for it mentally, you have to eat what they tell you to eat for it to work and you work out 6 days a week. I haven't done it or even own it but my old supervisor did it and it didn't really work for her. But she's a coach and got a tshirt that says she earned it but she hasn't lost any weight in awhile and even admitted to me that she fell off the wagon. If you want to earn it you have to be disciplined into following the program 100%

Do a sculpting class or continue zumba and kickboxing :-)

Or try it it's up to you!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    I've done Insanity. I did it a while back, I think it was February, and now I'm doing it again. It really helped my endurance, I lost about 6 pounds and a few inches as well. Insanity is both torture and a lot of fun. If you like to really sweat, it's perfect for you. The only downside is that the videos are pretty long (about 40-60 minutes on average) so you really have to commit. I love it because I love to sweat. I recommend still doing some strength training a few times a week even when doing the Insanity program.

EDIT: I didn't really follow the meal plan because at the time, I was also competing in my high school tennis season, so I had to eat more because I burned a lot more.
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    You can do insanity, assuming your joints are fairly normal in your feet, ankles, and knees. You modify it as needed (take rest breaks when you need them). It's an awesome program. I just did fit test 2, so I'm starting week 3.

There is a lot of support in this forum and on facebook as well. If you want a cheering section, this is a workout that allows you to acquire one.

I'm not following the diet, either. There's nothing magical about the nutritional recommendations, but you do need to dial it in on your own diet. Nutrition is a big part of VISIBLE results. You'll FEEL more fit within a week. It's transformational, or at least, it has been for me so far.
    :)
  • Insanity is amazing!, i would deffinitley recommend it, its great for beginners too you just need to know your limits. But you will deffinitley lose weight if you do it everyday and eat clean. Im currently on my 2nd weeks but its taken me about 3 weeks to do 14 days of insanity, but i managed to lose 6 pounds.
  • You can do insanity, assuming your joints are fairly normal in your feet, ankles, and knees. You modify it as needed (take rest breaks when you need them). It's an awesome program. I just did fit test 2, so I'm starting week 3.

There is a lot of support in this forum and on facebook as well. If you want a cheering section, this is a workout that allows you to acquire one.

I'm not following the diet, either. There's nothing magical about the nutritional recommendations, but you do need to dial it in on your own diet. Nutrition is a big part of VISIBLE results. You'll FEEL more fit within a week. It's transformational, or at least, it has been for me so far.
    :)

thanks! How does it work, like is it one DVD each week?
  • cnotefwb
    cnotefwb Posts: 43 Member
    I'm currently on my third round of Insanity and I love it. It's such a good workout...its definitely hard - the very first time I did it, I was nauseous and dizzy afterwards...but its doable! You can modify the moves and take breaks as needed. Shaun T (the instructor) keeps me motivated, so my breaks are never for long. In the three times I've done it, I've never followed the diet and it still worked....I just stay within my calorie goal listed here on MFP. I think its great for toning up...I always see the most change in my abs and arms. If you decide to try it, don't give up! You'll be hooked by the second or third week if you stick with it.
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    I freakin LOVE IT! I just did my measurements after completing my 2nd week and Im done a total of 4.5 inches of body fat. That's totally cool! The videos are wicked and make you sweat like never before... and there are times I curse out Shaun T during them... :) Im sure a few others may say the same too
  • nfisher82
    nfisher82 Posts: 5
    I am starting Insanity tomorrow. How do I determine the amount of calories that I burn during a workout. It isnt listed in the exercise section. I mean I know this is 100% accurate when estimating my calorie burn, but I know its close cause I am still losing weight. So any info or tips from those that have done this would be greatly appreciated! :)
  • Steventhehro
    Steventhehro Posts: 59 Member
    I've only done one session of it, but it was a good sweat. I'll be adding it in as my cardio while I still go to the gym daily.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    its very hard and you have to be committed. I would get a good HRM for it so that you can check you heart rate through it.

I am trying to stick with it, but its LONG. the videos seem to take for ever...

MFP calories burned is not going to be an accurate reading. I thought fo sure, its 5-800 cals burned because i felt so exhausted, when I got my HRM, i was only burning 350 max.
  • I freakin LOVE IT! I just did my measurements after completing my 2nd week and Im done a total of 4.5 inches of body fat. That's totally cool! The videos are wicked and make you sweat like never before... and there are times I curse out Shaun T during them... :) Im sure a few others may say the same too

Hahaha, wow 4.5 inches!? That's awesome!
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Thanks for the info. I am also considering Insanity when I finish Body Revolution. I dread longer workouts though. 30 min for me is PERFECT!
  • SeeDavidLose
    SeeDavidLose Posts: 11 Member
    Just about to start week 3 and I love it!

I actually look forward to the workouts!
  • DonnaBee20
    DonnaBee20 Posts: 6 Member
    Ive been thinking about doing it aswell :)