Some advice on exercise and weghing.

Options
Hello! :)

I love Dancing! Especially to Hip-Hop and Popping...
Since I can't afford dance classes, I dance at home alone with the TV in front of me.

I find it fun! I dance for 3.5 hours!

Does this count as the "General" Dancing in the exercise choices? Is this a good way to lose weight?

Oh and my weight sometime changes whenever I weigh myself. I know its because my body is still changing or growing.
Thus, when is the best time to weight yourself? and how often?

I'm a beginner at losing weight so I'm very sorry if I am repetitive.

Replies

• vger11
    vger11 Posts: 248
    Options
    dancing is an awesome way to get a great cardio workout in... can burn 300-500 calories per hour

always weigh-in at the same time each day, preferably early morning before breakfast and after poop!
    many say once a week, but I weigh-in every other day or so....

love to dance at home and out of the reflection of the mirror!

keep it going
  • d4rkn3ss06
    d4rkn3ss06 Posts: 57
    Options
    I would say that can count as "general dancing". One tip though is that the MFP exercise burn calories tend to be off i would buy a heart rate monitor to wear while you dance so can get a more accurate number. That what i do when i dance! :) Dancing is a very fun way to get cardio in! I would through in some weight/strength training in too (if you arent already doing so) it doesnt have to be heave but weight training burns fat like crazy and will really tone your body.

As for weigh-in time i agree with @vger11 the morning is the best time and try to always weigh your self at the same time. You can weigh your self as often as you want just dont get discouraged if your weight fluctuates up a bit throughout the day or week that is normal. But i try to "check in" on MFP once a month. and remember its always good to take your measurements since your body doesnt always drop lbs but will drop inches! Best of luck! and feel free to add me :)
  • Tanisha1014
    Options
    Oh my goodness, if you have a wii, you must get any of the dancing games.. Zuma, Just Dance, Micheal Jackson.. with the MJ one you can burn 500 calories in 30 minutes if you're really into it.
  • minally
    minally Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MFP exercise burn calories tend to be off i would buy a heart rate monitor to wear while you dance so can get a more accurate number.

Ooooh! That sounds interesting! How does that work?