DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM?!??

Options
I have been doing Insanity for almost two weeks now, and yesterday when I was running yesterday my shins hurt, and today I tried it again, and had the same thing happen. So when I got my my mother house (where I do my workingout because I live in an apartment, and it's not very roomy) I decided to do insanity anyway, because I though "no pain, no gain" but when I started the dvd (power cardio&resistance) I couldn't even jog without my shins killing me. I had read on a bach body forum that some people say it's your shoes, so I took my shoes of and tried jogging, and it still hurts just as bad! what should I do?! I've decided to not fo insanity and just do Jilllian michhael's dvds and switch it up everyday..But I feel like a failure because I can't finish Insanity (second time starting it) Please help!!

Replies

• rach41413
    rach41413 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sounds like shin splints...wrap them up and ice when you can, avoid running/jogging until they're healed. You could try biking, it would probably put less strain on your shins while still giving you good cardio! And then come back to Insanity when they are better...you're not a quitter, just had a minor setback! :)
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    it does sound like shin splints. I would get them when I played rugby seasons back to back---Id tape em up and stick with it if you wanna keep your pace--but if youre in excruciating pain, your body will tell you when its time to stop. Listen to it!
  • kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sounds like pains I have gotten two or three times since starting insanity.

Like the previous posters said, it sounds like shin splints. When that happens, I take the day off from all exercise, except walking.
    I try and keep my shins evalated and with either a cool compress or a heating pad. The heating pad a lot of difference.

GL!
    Kelley
  • ericagray
    ericagray Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds like shin splints...wrap them up and ice when you can, avoid running/jogging until they're healed. You could try biking, it would probably put less strain on your shins while still giving you good cardio! And then come back to Insanity when they are better...you're not a quitter, just had a minor setback! :)

what do you use to tape them?
  • ericagray
    ericagray Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How long does it take them to heal, I have has this pain and I just kept doing insanity but last night it was unbearable..