thinking about insanity

Options
Hi everyone

I am thinking about doing insanity and was wondering if anyone could give me some input and answer a few questions. I know from reading that you do it 6 days a week and have a rest day. I was wondering if it is possible to do it 3 times a week but just keep starting off where I left off so I wouldn't be skipping the actual workout i would just skip the day. on the days I do not do insanity I wanted to continue going to the gym. Also sometimes life just comes up where I am afraid I would miss a day of working out. Any one know if this type of thing would ruin my chance of results? I would want to know before I spend the money. Thanks!

Replies

• cjenwokolo
    Options
    I skip days too. I'm on a 1500 calorie diet with it and a lot of days I'm just really tired because i have a new baby too so I pick up where I left off too. I'm going to do better though. I'm supposed to be on week four but I'm only on week three. I've lost 11 lbs so it can't be that bad and when i take a break when i come back the workouts seem easier.
  • nevergiveup92
    Options
    I'm on my recovery week of Insanity.. two more days till month 2 :D I'm not too sure about doing it 3 times a week.. You definitely will not get the same results as the 60 day straight period. It will take a lot longer but you will still see a difference :)
  • DawnAnonymous
    Options
    1) Don't buy Insanity for full price - I paid $35 for the whole package...brand new & shrink wrapped.

2) Insanity is INSANE. It took me two days to do the Fit Test, and I am pretty active (biking, roller derby etc.). I lost my lunch the first day...

3) You'll get what you put into it. If you do 60 days straight like it says, you'll achieve great results. If you skip a day or two here and there, it will be a slower progression...but it's a great work-out!

I skip on derby days so why sweat it. I feel better and tighter...more energy and I eat better because the better I do, it makes me strive to reach my target.

Good luck and don't loose your lunch! :wink: There's plenty of support here on MPF!

Peace,
    Dawn
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So you are wanting to basically make 1 week last 2 weeks? It will give you good cardio for sure, but as the above poster indicated; you obviously are not going to get the same results as quick. Insanity was the first home program that I never skipped a day on and I had great results.
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So, Dawn, where did you get it for $35? I am interested but don' t want to pay a lot!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    So, Dawn, where did you get it for $35? I am interested but don' t want to pay a lot!

ditto!
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You can get it on ebay. I just got it on there for my mom for $40
  • SeeDavidLose
    SeeDavidLose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Doing ANY exercise is better than not doing anything. However, to get maximum results you need to follow the 6 days/week program.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My knees aren't in the best shape. How hard is on them.
  • DawnAnonymous
    Options

I went on Google and click 'shopping.' Typed in 'Insanity' and it brought up all the comparisons - I ended up purchasing from a place called dvdgreatdeals.com, but there are a lot of cheaper places to buy it from.

Good luck!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    What else have you done as far as working out goes? I'm telling you, you will waste your money (even if it's just $35) if you don't already know how deep you can dig. This is NOT a step up from walking on the treadmill...
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start the 5th week (recovery week) before starting Month 2. I highly don't recommend missing any days if possible and do the six days (rest one) if possible. The reason I say this is because it's a very intense program and you would think it would get a lot easier as time goes ....a little but but pshhh not a lot!! lol My brother and his family came into town and I missed a few days. HUGE mistake ...once I started back up, it felt like I was back to day one all over again. To me it wasn't worth the pain of feeling like I just started over, especially since I just started back where I left off. It's up to you though. It is a great workout and you'll sweat your toosh off for sure!! I got mine off Craigslist for dirt cheap!! That's another place to check. I wasn't about to pay full price.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I agree with doing it straight with no breaks except the one day. And even that it gets hard to get back into. This type of workout is best doing it everyday. You will be amazed how much you will love it and how much you will get better at it as the days go by.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    just bought it, looking forward to using it while travel. I have a really nice gym membership for home and dog walks.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am thinking about doing insanity and was wondering if anyone could give me some input and answer a few questions. I know from reading that you do it 6 days a week and have a rest day. I was wondering if it is possible to do it 3 times a week but just keep starting off where I left off so I wouldn't be skipping the actual workout i would just skip the day. on the days I do not do insanity I wanted to continue going to the gym. Also sometimes life just comes up where I am afraid I would miss a day of working out. Any one know if this type of thing would ruin my chance of results? I would want to know before I spend the money. Thanks!

Just follow the program. If you miss a day, then that's your rest day and you do the workout you missed on Sunday. Or if you want Sunday off, do one workout in the morning and one after work to make up the missed day.

Going by your way the results won't be the same and you didn't really do the program imo. You need to commit with this program. Once you've finished then you should switch up Insanity workouts and gym visits. But if you want to do it right you need to dig deep and go the full 60 days. Good luck!