Losing Motivation! Help!

Options
I started this journey a month ago.. and so far lost 10 pounds, 35 more to go. From the start I've been really into it.. Exercising and eating good. Really working hard on it.

And now for the last a couple days Im just not feeling it.. starting to eat random stuff.. thinking its ok sometimes.. but then just eating more. And not exercising as much. Nothing has really changed.. I don't know what happened.
Right now Im loosing weight, just to loose it.

I wish I had some exiting goal I could loose my weight for.

What do you do for motivation?

Does anyone have any ideas? Pleeeease help me think of something. I REALLY need this...

Replies

• scottydewwannalosewt
    scottydewwannalosewt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi Lilie

Think of something that you can buy that when you reach your goal you can reward yourself with something (like a new bicycle, a new dress, a ring, just something to help motivate you).

Scott
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing your getting tired of moving up dress sizes, not being able to pick something of the rack and have it look just so, feeling of tiredness and apathy, feeling self conscious about going to a public pool or beach, comments or snide remarks from passers by? These are some of the things that have motivated me. Is this you also? Not saying it is but perhaps you can think of your own reasons why you don't want to be larger and then change the reasosn into why you do want to be healtheir...Good luck Lilie
  • dmzazueta
    dmzazueta Posts: 36
    Options
    For me, my motivation is buying a swimsuit and feeling comfortable at a water park with my family. It has been almost 20 years since I have been to one and soon my son will walk to go. I do not want to have to say "Sweetheart, Mommy doesn't do Waterparks." Other than that, I like the endorphin rush after a workout.

Yes, I still like my desserts and keep them in the house. However, I only have 1 bite with a teaspoon and then put it back. Maybe, you need to look at why you want to loose the 35 lbs. Your motivation will be in your answer. As my wise cousin said, "The weight did not show up overnight and will no go away overnight, either."

You can do it, Lilie, provided you really want to.

-Danielle
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you may want to ask yourself why do you want to lose weight in the first place. Losing weight is just a process of getting to where you want to be. Putting losing weight as ultimate goal is not quite meaningful. For me, losing weight will help me get a healthier life, able to have the energy to go hang out with my son, to go a hiking tour, to get into those nice fitting clothes without bulges. So, imagine what you can do, or get when you lose those weight. That you want to keep in mind whenever you eat more vegetables, skipping the fries, foregoing the soda, and exercise till you are almost breathless.