How much does your weight fluctuate on a daily basis?

Options
Post your stats!

F
SW: 155
CW: 143

I weigh myself everyday, but only record my weight weekly. One day, just for fun, I weighed myself every 4 hours and noticed my weight remained steady, only fluctuating +/- 1 pounds.

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Post your stats!

F
    SW: 155
    CW: 143

I weigh myself everyday, but only record my weight weekly. One day, just for fun, I weighed myself every 4 hours and noticed my weight remained steady, only fluctuating +/- 1 pounds.

Pretty good question, basically the water that your body retains fluctuates from the time you wake up by the time you go to sleep. Believe it or not, your body loses fluids also during sleep as well. The food you eat has an effect on many factors during much of the day. The increases are really not that much we are usually talking about 2-4 lbs etc.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    F
    SW: 194 lbs
    CW: 165 lbs

I am usually bang on 2 lbs higher before bed than I am first thing when I wake up. I must drool or something :laugh:
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Usually I fluctuate about 2 pounds a day, but its my TOM and I just got out of the hospital and they gave me a couple bags of IV fluids, and I'm up 7 pounds! Crazy!
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    F
    SW: 185
    CW: 166

I am usually 3-4 pounds heavier before bed.
  • tamiehelt
    tamiehelt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do fluctuate quite a bit for 121, between 2 - 4 lbs. I'm lightest after a workout.
  • naples89
    naples89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It fluctuates 2 pounds over the day, and I weigh more at night. Weigh yourself only in the morning for more consistent results.
  • jadkins05
    jadkins05 Posts: 2
    Options
    Edit: Oops! Posted my message with the wrong account! I didn't realize I was logged into my boyfriend's account rather than my own. Will repost on mine in a few. :P
  • mrsimes
    mrsimes Posts: 8
    Options
    It really varies for me. One day I weighed myself twice, first thing in the morning and just before bed, the scale said I gained 6 pounds that day. I was highly pissed off but I believe a lot of it had to do with water weight as I surpassed the 8 glasses that day.:drinker:
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    F
    SW: 127 lbs
    CW: 114 lbs

My weight is very consistent. It's odd, because I know a lot of people have weight fluctuations of multiple pounds from one morning to the next. (Of course, I typically weigh an extra couple of pounds at night than in the morning, but it's always back down to within half a pound one way or the other in the morning.) I lost weight very consistently as well. I lost around a pound a week and I didn't have any odd plateaus or quick losses.
  • heartsherps
    heartsherps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    F
    SW: 179.5
    CW: 174

I usually fluctuate 3-4 pounds, but since I started MFP it's been a more consistent 1-2 pounds. I'm also not eating big meals right before bed anymore, usually just a protein shake, which may help.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i can fluctuate anywhere from 3-7 pounds
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    2-3 pounds throughout the day except for during my TOM when I generally gain about 5 pounds and then lose it (and usually more) a day or 2 after it ends.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Usually about 2 pounds however I live in Phoenix so if I go out tanning for 40 min, I can drop 2 pounds of water weight that fast!
  • drmeetamit
    Options
    weight fluctuate up to one kg in a day usually. but for woman it may be more due to additional effect of Estrogen n progesterone hormones. beside salt n fat content of food also matters.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    iam convinced the pounds ive added are water weight i swear to god one of these days iam gonna pee 35 gallons and return to my normal weight
  • rougenoire
    rougenoire Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    iam convinced the pounds ive added are water weight i swear to god one of these days iam gonna pee 35 gallons and return to my normal weight

I'm waiting for that day too!
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    My "normal" fluctuation is about 5 pounds.

I did an experiment one day too. I got up, weighed, then had a cup of coffee. That was 1 pound. I kept weighing every single time I ate, drank, or peed. It was kind of fun. Helped me to not get so freaked out by the scale. I honestly believe that between your normal fluctuations and the fact that very few, scales are 100% accurate, it's the worst thing to rely on for "success", or failure, while losing weight. In fact, right now, it really hasn't moved in more than a week. However, I am wearing clothes I couldn't wear a week ago, and feel great, so who cares!?! Seriously thinking about putting it in the back of the closet for a while. Perhaps when I let it back out it will have learned to play nicely! :P