Has anyone ever tried Shakeology?

Options
Hey i wanted to know if anyone ever tried shakeology through beachbody, i dont usually do shakes, but this one says its all natural and its only once a day and u make it with fruit and milk, let me know

Replies

• tsmith67
    tsmith67 Posts: 27
    Options
    I have tried it and loved it. Many variations of recipes you can do. It's a bit pricey though.
  • LoserKat2012
    Options
    It is tasty and if you sign up to be a Coach you actually get a discount on it.
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There's lots about it in the forums aleady, search for it. If I were you I'd save my $$ and make your own shakes/smoothies. Some of my favorite recipes are with spinach, romaine, celery, bananas, apples, berries, and a squeeze of lemone or lime juice to help it stay good for a couple days. Can also add some protein powder or flax seed.
  • nenabubbles
    nenabubbles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :drinker:
  • Drizzly
    Drizzly Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,

I have been drinking Shakeology for almost a month now and I love it. It has really helped my digestion, and my skin is softer too...not an affect I expected, but I will take it! lol

My husband and mother also ordered it because they could see how much it was helping me!

I also signed up as a Beachbody coach, which means I save money on the shakeology(around 3 bucks a meal). Even if you pay full price it comes out to around 4 dollars a meal, where can you get a super-nutritious meal for 4 bucks?

Take care
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been drinking Shakeology for almost a month now and I love it. It has really helped my digestion, and my skin is softer too...not an affect I expected, but I will take it! lol

My husband and mother also ordered it because they could see how much it was helping me!

I also signed up as a Beachbody coach, which means I save money on the shakeology(around 3 bucks a meal). Even if you pay full price it comes out to around 4 dollars a meal, where can you get a super-nutritious meal for 4 bucks?

Take care

I've priced my favourite stirfry at $4.30 per serving. It would be cheaper if I opted out of using the Thai basil. I make an awesome cottage pie full of veg, topped with sweet potato and a little cheese, the mince being lean and grassfed (love that I have a butcher who believes grassfed is the way to go!) and each serving is approximately 3.50. My lentil curry is indeed a super-nutritious meal, with veg, lentils, superfood spices like turmeric all doing their bit to bring the cost of each serve down to under $2.

If you cook everything from scratch and buy from markets, local butchers, etc, it's generally quite cheap to eat healthily.
  • Kaedemoon267
    Options
    It's a powder, you can blend it with milk and fruit. I blend mine with almond milk and fruit...and lots of ice. Tastes just like a chocolate frosty. The difference here is that Shakeology has over 70 different superfoods from around the world that you can't find in stores. It comes in chocolate, tropical, or greenberry. There's even a vegan kind of each too. I became a coach as well after losing lots of weight with TurboFire, and just started on Shakeology. It has no artificial ingredients but it makes me really energized and focused all day...so I think I will stick with it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Take care

lollercoaster
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    I am not a beachbody coach. I am not going to try to sell you anything. I like Shakeology. When I was trying to evaluate whether or not I was going to spend the money on it, I really had difficulty finding an opinion from someone who had actually tried it, and was not trying to sell it. So here's my unbiased review, only of the chocolate flavor (that's all that I've tried).

The taste grows on you. My first impression was that it was a lot like chocolate mud, but I've grown to really enjoy it. It's better ice cold, and better still with some fruit or peanut butter blended in. I had a beachbody coach tell me that it was still good just mixed in a shaker cup with tap water-- I suppose that's a matter of opinion, but I'm not a fan of it that way. My favorite is chocolate shakeology + water + ice + 1 Tbsp peanut butter + half of a banana (my little Hamilton Beach blender can't handle the full banana).

It is filling. That's what sold me, even though I initially thought it tasted like chocolate mud. I've tried other meal replacement shakes before (okay, just Slim Fast) and I was hungry again 10 minutes later. Shakeology shakes will keep me satisfied for a couple of hours. I'm sure it's a placebo effect, but I don't have the uncontrollable cravings for fast food and vending machine junk that I did before I started drinking it.

With that said, I know that the beachbody pitch loves to talk about how natural it is, and it's like 5 trips to the salad bar (presumably without cheese, ham cubes, croutons and ranch), and it's a superfood or contains superfoods or whatever. That wasn't what sold me on the product. If you're really into whole, natural foods, go buy whole, natural foods. There are oodles of shake recipes here and everywhere that allow you to use fresh fruits and vegetables. Regardless of what the websites and the sales pitches say, I have a hard time connecting a bag of shake powder with superfoods from around the globe. Probably just a personal hangup.

But it's easy, tastes pretty good, filling, probably not worth the cost, but it's working for me right now.
  • runningonmargaritas
    runningonmargaritas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am not a coach either. I've been using it for about 2 months and really like it. I don't drink it daily maybe around 4-5 times a week. I use the chocolate and mix it with ice, water and fz. raspberries or fz strawberries. It keeps me satiated for a few hours. Also since starting Shakeology my hair looks fantastic and my nails are stronger and growing. It's really personal preference. I use it for convenience and it's the one shake I found where I actually like the taste and have noticed benefits.

I buy mine on eBay when I find a good deal.