Getting in early for Halloween

Options
I just spent $200 on a costume for this years party. Bought online as a pre-order.

Anyone else exited to dress up this year?

Replies

• Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I love Halloween and getting dressed up! I just never have anywhere to go! haha Last year was the first year I didn't dress up. :( Hopefully by Halloween I have a boyfriend so we can do a couples costume! I've always wanted to do that.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    LOL my husband thinks I'M obsessed when I find other people who shop and plan earlier than I do! My aunt already bought stuff for Halloween this year, I bought a decoration off Ebay just last week LOL. My daughter is born on that day, and it's always been my Fav holiday.

My plan is to get thin enough to buy a really awesome costume sometime, like something "Steampunk". or something.
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    <<~~~This girl totally is! Halloween is my FAVE! Cant wait to see how well Ive done by then, who knows what I'll be!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I can wait, though this year because we've had so much rain for the past 1.5 years in the NW that I could use some sun before Fall comes this year.

But when it does, it's bring on the candles, hot cocoa, fireplace, decorations, pumpkin pie and u name it.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely excited! :D I couldn't fit into the "Pocahottie" (Pocahontas) costume I wanted last year and I reallyyyyyyyy want to be able to this year! Hoping to lose atleast 20 lbs by then. Halloween's always been one of my favorites.

My 21st birthday is Oct. 25th also and I want to look good! ;) My son's and SO's birthdays are also in October..and our anniversary's Nov. 6th..so it's an all around exciting, fun and busy time of year for us.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love Halloween. I want to go out as Tira from Soul Calibur this year. I keep planning to do it but felt too fat last year. maybe this year!!
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Halloween! I'm so excited I'm getting my Mad Moxxi from Borderlands ( for the gamers out there) ready! just trying to find the jacket :)
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely excited! :D I couldn't fit into the "Pocahottie" (Pocahontas) costume

A friend of mine dressed up as Pocahontas last year. Everyone called her "Poca-hot-*kitten*" haha

I'm now remembering why I didn't dress up for halloween last year. I was in a production of Beauty and the Beast and at the time I was wearing a giant wooden box with a super tight and heavy head piece for several hours a day (i was the opera singing diva wardrobe). Plus I had a whisk costume (for Be Our Guest), and a giant heavy Marie Antoinette wig with a giant dress at the end of the show when I was human. Let me tell you, I had bruises ALL over my body from that show and my feet hurt because I could sit down... I needed a day off from wearing costumes and Halloween was my day off... haha
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    Meeeee! By far my favorite holiday! I got a custom made costume to be identical to the phoniex costume selita ebanks wore in kanye west "Runaway" mini movie!
  • loubeth22
    loubeth22 Posts: 72
    Options
    Halloween! I'm so excited I'm getting my Mad Moxxi from Borderlands ( for the gamers out there) ready! just trying to find the jacket :)

Bahaha I'm being Chell form Portal. I even got a little sentry tower thing because the portal guns were sold out/waaaaay to expensive. Mr Man is going to s**t bricks when I come out in my orange jumpsuit :P
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

Bahaha I'm being Chell form Portal. I even got a little sentry tower thing because the portal guns were sold out/waaaaay to expensive. Mr Man is going to s**t bricks when I come out in my orange jumpsuit :P

make your own!!!
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    OMG that is amazing you will have to take pics!
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Im a costume maker by trade so halloween is -my- holiday! lol I'm going to an anime expo in October so chances are Im gonna recycle my Raichu cosplay from that :D
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    me and the SO have had our costumes planned for a year, but I am not buying anything until I am closer to my GW of 130.
  • crafty30
    crafty30 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    This is part of the reason I would love to live in America! I love how big a thing Halloween is in America! Its not celebrated much at all in the UK but we always have a party and spend all day dressing the house..I LOVE it, just wish it was a bigger deal over here! Everyone thinks Im a bit mad when I get so excited about it and spend ages planning!
  • bmonska
    bmonska Posts: 3
    Options
    halloween is my FAVORITE holiday! I always decorate the outside of the house the best I can. I found a neat "ghost" decoration you can make yourself out of chicken wire by shaping it into whatever form you want and then you put it in your yard so at night, you can see the trees and such through it so it looks like there is a misty sort of ghost standing there. I can't wait to put some of those together to freak people out from the road (front of the house faces a very busy street!). I haven't dressed up in years only because I haven't had a party to go to but I'm hoping one of these Halloweens to stay at the Stanley Hotel (the hotel in The Shining) over a halloween weekend where they have a huge party for guests and have haunted hotel tours etc. I'm planning on being a peacock for that (found a gown that looks like a peacock with ruffled "feathers" down the back length oh so perfect but 400 bucks!) and adding a neat headpiece and accessories! I figure if I'm going to end up spending that much on the trip, might as well spend the rest on the costume rather than settle! Many years you have to book at least a year in advance so next Halloween is the big hotel party for me. In the meantime, I'll stick to decorating the outside of the house to make people take second looks!

Anyone else always watch the Halloween marathon on AMC each year?! I made my nieces watch with me for their first time last year and I have video of them hiding under the blankets and screaming "NO MICHAEL DON'T!" and other various colorful phrases at him. That's the most I've laughed ever during a horror film!