8 weeks until holiday...HELP!!!

Options
Hi all,

So i go on holiday in 8 weeks time. I have lost around 2 stone since january but now my motivation is starting to slide. I have roughly just under 1 stone left to lose.

I have started on PHD diet whey meal replacements....having a shake for brekkie and dinner...then a nice lunch and 2 healthy & high protein snacks.

I was spot on all last week...had a higher carb weekend where i didn't have the PHD shakes and now today i am struggling big time with motivation/hunger.

I just wondered if sticking at these shakes is the best thing to do?!

Or would a healthy eating plan like the below be better?

breakfast: bran flakes with almond milk
snack: 2 ryvitas with no added sugar peanut butter OR piece of fruit
lunch: big salad with protein (chicken or salmon or tuna)
snack: greek yogurt with scoop protein powder or protein bar
dinner: PHD protein shake OR protein with lots of green veg

any advice welcome! thank you xxx

Replies

• rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I personally would forget the shakes as you can't live on them forever! Replace your meals with what you suggest, you may gain a little at first but then your body will get used to the goodness of the food! xxx
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    I personally would forget the shakes as you can't live on them forever! Replace your meals with what you suggest, you may gain a little at first but then your body will get used to the goodness of the food! xxx

Thanks hun. Oh i know i can't live on shakes forever...just getting a bit desperate as holiday gets closer... xxx
  • traceycostella
    Options
    the shakes are a good short term quick weight loss option but if i was you id try and steer clear as your body will get used to them and then once you lose the weight and start eating again after your hooliday it will be much harder and you may lose motivation, best to stick to what your doing as by the sound of things you are losing weight steadily and dont have far to go either - good luck and have a great holiday :) x
  • lewist90
    lewist90 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Thanks hun. Oh i know i can't live on shakes forever...just getting a bit desperate as holiday gets closer... xxx

the problem with the shakes as replacements for food short term is that as soon as you go on holiday and consume solid meals...........your body will hold onto it like an expensive bag!! lol well not as exaggerated as this but i would defo try having smaller meals instead........but just to confuse you more you can still have your shakes as they are only like 90kcals each and if you are weight training you will defo need them if you are cutting total kcals
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Agree totally with everyone stick to healthy eating, you are so close to your, why ruin all your hard work so far.
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know what you mean! I have mine in 9 weeks... eeek! I started again today at the heaviest I have ever been... want to be a bit lighter for my hols, not expecting miracles but a little bit! Good luck! xxx
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    :bigsmile: yeh i would forget about the shakes, your meal plan looks good, little and often, plenty of water and exercise. Good luck x
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Food not shakes for all the above reasons. Good luck and enjoy your holiday
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    What I have done when I am not happy with my weight coming up on a really good vacation/holiday is just made my mind up to be as healthy as I can for it. (no crash dieting) … I went to Italy last year heavier than I have ever been. I started walking as much as possible but had a family member who required a lot of our time and energy before and after the trip. I made sure to get to bed on time and get all my z's in … I had a great time and managed to keep the energy level up for all the sight seeing!