Body Image - If Fruits and Veggies were Like Us!

Options
This photo comes from MotherWise. Doesn't it say it all?

sweetveggibodies.jpg

Personally, I find myself right now as a cross between the Pear and Blueberry.

You?

-Debra

Replies

• YoungerNextYear59937
    YoungerNextYear59937 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Pear and strawberry!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    LOL! Poor starfruit...
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    this is really funny!
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    FROM MY SCOTTISH FRIEND - GREAT PERSPECTIVE i WANTED TO ADD IT HERE:

I'm very happy to have reached the stage in my life when I agree with the bottom banner. It's taken me 30 years to break through my negativity about my body that started in my late teens, but I've finally got there. I love my body. It's the only one I've got, so I look after it. There were times when I hated it and neglected it and felt disassociated from it. I got very ill. Now I realise my body is not an 'it' - my body is an integral part of me. We work together so I am well nourished and well exercised in body, mind and spirit. I'm not denying it's been a hard slog at times and sacrifices have had to be made - mainly my greed and laziness. But when you get there- believe me it's worth it :)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    this made me :smile:
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    ha ha ha LOVE THIS!!! :smile:
  • janehen12
    janehen12 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this. like serious love.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i love this too. i saw it a few days ago, and i remember thinking, "oh, blueberry! you don't even know your quiet strength!"
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Thanks x this post!!!!!!!!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    love this, thanks!
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    There was only one time during my teens (age 15 when I was district archery and soccer champ) that I was pleased with my body. I call this short period "My Artemis Reincarnation". The years prior to that and after, I thought my butt was waaaaayyyy bigger than it really was. At 21, when eldest daughter was born, my body truly was bigger and from that point forward, I felt I was on the losing side of a game that I had no chance of winning. Therefore, I took a "detach and ignore" stance. My body became the rebellious child who had to be severly punished and controlled. Any thought of my body was negative and harsh.

In my early 40's, exhausted and spent, I found a new community of friends who taught me to love my body just as it was. They showed me by modeling great examples that the body was one's best ally - not an enemy to be destroyed but a gift to be nourished and celebrated. My life has never been the same.

Now, although I'm carrying excess that I'm working on two fronts to reduce, I no longer hate my body. This is a paradox because my body is bigger, my butt certainly, and yet I love it just as it is. I reach out through the decades back to that young, misguided girl and smile. Now, I am my body's best mother - I care for it and give it what it needs for fuel and fitness - and I'm its biggest cheerleader. It has taken me through 55 years of life. No one else, not even my oldest friends, have done that.

So, life a cold one (that's ice water y'all) to your own body. :drinker: Give it a hug and, most importantly, learn to say and think kind words about it.

-Debra
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i'd rather be a carrot (even tho i don't eat them raw) rather than a turnip-broader at the top, narrower as you make your way down.... or maybe a root vegetable that's a little more gnarly.. sweet potatoes are too thick but have interesting curves.. hmmmm... celery too bland..
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I always knew I liked starfruit...
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    watermelon, apple, blueberry, and pear seem to be where i have been lately. saved the pic and put on my facebook so i can look at it and remind me of what i dont want to feel anymore
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Apple and Pear combination right now.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i'm between apple and banana, cause i think my waist is wide and have no curves
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Total banana here. Ugh!!! Soooo depressing.
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How cute that poster is! It's true-people are like fruit.
    Each one is different, but beautiful all the same. <3
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    How cute that poster is! It's true-people are like fruit.
    Each one is different, but beautiful all the same. <3
    AND MORE AMUSING THAN MANGOES
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Banana!