Maxitone shakes?

Options
Hi everyone, just looking for some advice on shakes - I want a protein shake/meal replacement shake and have been reading up on Maxitone Sculptress and Definity. They seem to be what I need but I'm confused as to when I would take them and how often?

I am currently doing Insanity and I do this at about 9am each morning. I'm just finishing Week One Month Two. I've realised my calorie intake was off (as I was starting to feel really ill and tired) and thanks to this forum, now understand a bit more about BMR etc and the need to fuel my body to do such an intense workout so am attempting to up my calorie intake. I think a shake of some sort would help me, for keeping me full and giving me more energy.

Any tips on when to take these shakes? The reviews I've read say different things.

Thanks!

Replies

• Beckii330
    Beckii330 Posts: 28
    Options
    Anyone? :)
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey

I went to buy the maxitone shakes but after speaking to the assistant she pointed me in the direction of Maximuscle, lean defintion, promax diet one's instead.

I generally take one each morning as a meal replacement and then later after work i have a half shake before and after my workout, then generally have dinner and snack before bed.

I too struggle sometimes to reach my daily goal so this definitely helps plus keeps my protein levels up.
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    Hi,

I always have a protein shake after my workout to help with recovery and as part of my breakfast as I usually workout first thing in the morning. Sometimes if I'm feeling a bit hungry or haven't hit my protein target for the day I'll have another one. Hope this helps :smile:
  • giggalon
    giggalon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Iv just been into Holland and Barratts, and the lady was so helpful! I said i wanted something to take to help my muscles recover if i was doing insanity everyday yet i didnt want to look like a bodybuilder! Its so confusing with all the blokey type of powders etc.
    She advised me to take the maxitone definity to help repair my muscles, and the sculptress one is more for losing weight, a bit like a slimfast where you would use it as a meal replacement.

Im going to use the definity one post workout. Wht do you have for breakfast before your workout?
  • Beckii330
    Beckii330 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I normally have a coffee at about 7am (gotta be done!!) and a banana at about 8am. Then I workout and after that, I have breakfast, usually 2 slices of wholemeal toast, although I am switching to porridge.

I bought the Sculptress shake today as it was on offer but I think I actually need to use Definity. I am pretty much at my ideal weight now, only a couple more pounds and I'm not too bothered if I shift them or not so it's more about feeling full, energised and getting toned up.

Hmm, ok, so it sounds like I should be having one after my workout, which for me is in the morning, so that would be my breakfast shake too. Then one later on in the afternoon. And snacks and a decent dinner and more water!

:)