protein shakes

Options
There is probably loads on here about protein shakes but I am just looking into them and am fully lost as to which one is the best one for who and why!! Does anyone out there use them regularly and if so which one and why??

I used to use PhD a few years ago but the calories in each serving seem a little more than what I remeber!! Not sure if I got some low fat one or something but I swear it wasnt over 200 a drink which it seems to be now!!

Any recomendations would be great but please ensure they come in chocolate :)

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard is the best I've found. High quality, reasonably priced ($25-30 for 2lb, $55 for 5lb) and fairly tasty.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    There is probably loads on here about protein shakes but I am just looking into them and am fully lost as to which one is the best one for who and why!! Does anyone out there use them regularly and if so which one and why??

I used to use PhD a few years ago but the calories in each serving seem a little more than what I remeber!! Not sure if I got some low fat one or something but I swear it wasnt over 200 a drink which it seems to be now!!

Any recomendations would be great but please ensure they come in chocolate :)

I still use PHD , and the calories are 100 per scoop, so you may be looking at the 2scoop serving size.

and the PHD Diet whey comes in Belgian chocolate, and white chocolate :)
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition gold standard is the best I've found. High quality, reasonably priced ($25-30 for 2lb, $55 for 5lb) and fairly tasty.

this.
    Gold Standard is awesome.
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options

this.
    Gold Standard is awesome.

Yep -double rich choc is good, espesh with almond milk. Yum yum :D
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I just bought Double Rich Chocolate yesterday and plan on trying it for the first time today.. does anybody know how much water I should mix with it? I'm afraid to have a bad experience the first time I drink it and I'll end up freaked out!

Also, just make sure you don't go into GNC/somewhere similar and ask the cashier their opinion on what you should get. They'll almost always try to upsell you on all kinds of crazy things you don't need at all. I did my research online before going in store and he spent some time trying to talk me into different things instead.
  • cvthatcher
    cvthatcher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    as far as premade ones, i have the pure protein ones that are 110 calories and 23g protein, in vanilla creme & a chocolate one. they're 12 ounces and they're really good =]

i also have the powder one to mix with water, the body fortress super advanced whey protein, which is 140 cal per scoop & 26g protein. those i have in chocolate & vanilla (i think their strawberry one is nasty but my dad loves it).

i'm no expert, so maybe there's something that isn't so great about either or both of those, but i've been having good results, so that's my 2 cents :smile: