Eastern NC?

Options
Just wondering if there any other folks on here from my general area-- Eastern North Carolina.

Reply if you are, maybe we can have a group of our own! :wink:

Replies

• xStargazerx
    Options
    I live on Fort Bragg in Fayetteville, NC. Where you at?
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    I'm at Atlantic Beach, soon to be Raleigh in a few months.
  • Steph2285
    Steph2285 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm at Atlantic Beach, soon to be Raleigh in a few months.

You're really close to me!! I'm in Newport =)

272581.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    Hahah, well I actually live in Newport but if you're not from here, you have no idea where that is. Most people know the beach, so I went with that.

I cannot believe there's another Newporter in here! Small world. Haha.
  • Steph2285
    Options
    LoL That's Kinda crazy! Do you belong to any of the gyms around here? I go to Gold's... I heard that the new snap fitness has classes that are open the public & I was thinking about doing that too (I'm not so crazy about Gold's classes...)
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    I was going to Sportscenter but can't really afford it anymore. I wanna try out the 24/7 gym-- that might be the snap fitness one? Not sure. I don't do Gold's 'cause of their contracts. I mostly just ride my bike and run-- living on a long farm town road has it's perks, like lack of traffic. haha.
  • Steph2285
    Options
    Yeah, the 24/7 gym is Snap Fitness. It looks cool - if I didn't have a contract with a trainer at Gold's I would switch to Snap in a heartbeat! I mostly use the gym for the weight stuff & other equipment (not usually cardio), but I prefer to walk/jog my dog around my neighborhood. I also have a bike but I don't use it like I should :ohwell:
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    I hear that. I was biking 20+ miles every few days back in July, and now to just go a few is torture. I have yet to go on the walk I've planned for today, too.
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    Oh girl, I don't usually do this but I'm running a special so if you know anyone around here who needs pics done before Christmas, send 'em to my website-- www.fomphoto.wordpress.com -- in case you know anyone in the area. :)

So how long have you been in newport? Do you hate it yet? Haha.
  • Steph2285
    Options
    I've been in Newport for about 3 years now... It's ok =) I'm from NJ so moving down here was a HUGE culture shock for me haha
  • samwal81
    Options
    I am in Jacksonville, NC. I lived in Fayetteville for 3 years while I was in the Army.
  • Steph2285
    Options
    Hey Sam! You're not that far from us either =)
  • junkgypsy
    Options
    Yeah, Jacksonville's where all the shopping is around here. Haha.
  • samwal81
    Options
    HaHa...only if you feel like dealing with all the traffic!
  • dilworth79
    dilworth79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in Greenville, i would love to have a walking buddy!
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    I'm just glad Morehead finally got a Ross! Haha.