Big NSV and a set back

Options
Last week my family and I drove to Lawton (OMG hot) Oklahome to watch my daughter graduate from boot camp. While we were there I went on a family fun run with the recruits. For the first time in 6 years I ran! I was able to run with the group the entire way. Granted it wasn't far, or fast. The whole course was only about 1.2 miles and it took 15 minutes to get through it. I used to run a lot 10-12 years ago, so it felt really good to finish.

Although I really tried to watch my intake while we were on the road I still managed to gain back 3 pounds. Gotta fix the wagon wheels and keep rolling down hill!

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your NSV story the good news is most the gain is probably water weight, especially since you did a run, your muscles were probably like "what the..."
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Nice job. Keep on keepin' on.............
  • geminigrl622
    geminigrl622 Posts: 144
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I run a couple times a week and I am not fast - never run more than 4 miles, but it feels great that I have improved over the last year. Maybe this is a sign to take up running again! I also gained back 3 pounds between my birthday and going to New York City on vacation. I had been feeling frustrated about my progress lately, and although it sounds weird, I think that gaining 3 pounds back is going to help me reset my planning and motivation. I hope you are able to drop those three pounds soon!
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Special for you and your daughter! Keep up the good work. And I agree with the previous poster, its probably water weight considering how active you were and that heat.
  • BarbACona
    BarbACona Posts: 76
    Options
    You know we all have those days were we fall off the wagon or veer from our course. I feel it is just going to happen once in awhile. The important thing is that we get back on as soon as things are back to normal and we stick to our plan which is to make ourselves as healthy and fit as we humanly can. Proud of you for sticking with it and proud of your soldier. Thanks the them for serving our country. God Bless you all :)
  • DBRobinson13
    DBRobinson13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

How proud you must be of your daughter! I'm thankful for her service!!
  • DEkstein65
    Options
    Thanks all for the support. And yes I am very proud of my daughter!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!