jillian michaels dvds

Options
what would you log the Jillian Michaels dvds as in the exercised diary? I have Yoga Meltdown and Extreme Shed& Shred. and if by some miracle anyone around 140lbs knows how many calories they burn that would be appreciated as well. :happy: :happy:

Replies

• jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Very hard to say on the calorie burn as everyone is different...
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I log the 30 day shred as circut training, it's pretty close!
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I'd put it under Calisthenics vigorous effort
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I log my DVDs as "circuit training," also. I do wear a HRM and it's very close to what MFP gives me.
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Her Yoga Meltdown is by far my favorite workout dvd! I wish I could tell you how to log it tho... I haven't used it since starting MFP (it belonged to my college roommate)
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I was looking at getting her DVD's, are they worth it?
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    You can create a exercise and put the names of the workouts. As far as a burn everyone is different. I would suggest getting a HRM to get a more accurat burn for yourself. I have a polar ft4 and got it online at bodytronics.com
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I log the 30DS as circuit training as well
  • coburngirl
    coburngirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great question and I had the exact same question today when I used my Shred. I like the idea of listing it as circuit training because the way I listed it today was way to difficult. Good luck!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I use my HR monitor and use it's calorie calculations. I create my own exercise name and use the calories from the HR monitor. Not sure how well it corresponds to other activities in the MFP database.
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS and ripped in 30 (which I havent tried yet). I also have her kickboxing DVD and wow I love it and its a bigger burn for me and a GREAT stress reliever !
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yes,they are great. I got stronger every day,gave me the inspiration to keep doing it! I also got an hrm,with everyone's height and weight it's hard to say what the calorie burn is. Circuit training is what I put it under,too. Have fun and good luck!
  • CAW210
    CAW210 Posts: 73
    Options
    I am doing 30 day shred and put it under circuit training. I used this website http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/caloriesburned/circuit_training
    to figure up the calories for it. It just ask your weight nad how long you did it and will give you the calories burned.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use the circuit training numbers for Yoga Meltdown, I can't speak to the other as I've not done it. But I do Yoga Meltdown with my HRM and don't get NEAR the burn that I do with 30DS or Ripped in 30, so I don't believe the burn to be comparable. I'm sure there's probably a generic yoga one in the database. The Extreme Shed & Shred... if you're using kettlebells with it, myabe look for a kettlebell one in the database?
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    They are great dvd's and def worth a shot! Before I got my fitbit I used to log them as circuit training and the calorie burn was pretty close to what my fitbit says I burn now.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I was looking at getting her DVD's, are they worth it?

30DS is available for free on youtube! I think it's the BeFit channel?
  • hhump
    hhump Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been doing shed and shred and burn fat boost metablism, and for both of those i've been recording them as circuit training...sounds similar to what other people have been using too