Been here two weeks...

Options
...thought it high time I said something on here!

I've been using the site since Friday 6th inspired by a friend who has lost 4 stone simply by calorie counting - it struck me that despite eating relatively healthily and doing a fair bit of exercise I wasn't really going anywhere, simply maintaining my weight (classfied as just under morbidly obese). I thought I'd give simple calorie counting it a go, having used this site once before just to find out the calorie content of certain foods, it seemed the best equipped to help (and free!). Now I'm using it daily giving myself a 2000 calorie limit, am eating pretty much what I was before but just paying the price of eating certain luxuries - ie if I decide that a Chai Latte is worth the calorie penalty I will do it, but it means I can't then have a couple of ginger biscuits with my evening coffee!! I don't include my exercise generally, that is bonus calories burnt - so after 15 days I have lost nearly a stone, although the scales told me yesterday morning it was bang on a stone - I tend to use the evening weight as my registered weigh-in though (usually the greater of the two).

This site is great, and I haven't had many cases where I couldn't find the foods on here - I wish people would log the vitamins, iron etc.. more often, but the main groups appear to be relatively accurate. I plan to stick to this site from here-on-in until I reach goal weight and then use it to maintain.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well done on your progress so far! As you say, sometimes little changes can make a big difference.
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! a loyal supporter :D
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    Welcome to the forum and to MFP! I've found the support network on here to be absolutely priceless! I've tried so many other *fads* but this one is the one that's working for me, and I've made lots of new, great friends to boot! Great loss so far, keep up the good work and feel free to add me if you want some extra support :-)
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success thus far. Just an FYI- you can monitor your iron and whatnot by going into settings-diary settings- and picking what you want monitored in your daily diary log. Also, your morning weight is your most accurate so don't sell yourself short. Your evening weight includes all the food and liquids you've ingested for the day and can be quite different from one day to another. Good luck to you!!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just keep tweaking your program till you find what works for you! You can do this! :)
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Shweedog - I'm liking that. :)