Ramadan and under eating

Options
Ramadan Mubarak my Muslim and non Muslims alike, I hope everyone is doing well fasting during this heat and the long *kitten* hours lol

I am looking into the past two days and I under eat ridiculously during Ramadan. When it comes to breaking fast, I just can't eat as much. I get full way too quickly. What are you other folks doing with fasting and eating? Any advice for me?

Just so some of you know, this kind of fasting we don't even drink water. We have absolutely nothing past the lips. So there is no way to get any calories in until 9pm.

Replies

• Mels707
    Mels707 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hmmm

1) eat a big breakfast

2) what if you break the fast with something super light...like crackers or fruit, and then try and eat a large meal maybe an hour later?
  • kepirus
    kepirus Posts: 79
    Options
    Only thing I can think of is maybe look into various types of nuts (good for you, but high in calories???) to go with meal.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Find the most healthy sources of high calories you can for your meals. Add things like nuts and seeds, avocado, peanut butter, and maybe have a nutritional drink as well, like ensure if still struggling, or a protein shake. Alternatively be naughty sometimes and have a pint of ben and jerry's while you have the chance, lol.
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ramadan Mubarak to you as well. Have you tried waking up for suhour and eating some calories then? I know it's hard to wake up for suhour sometimes but it is highly recommended.