Headaches!

Options
Ok, so I'm a week or so into my food tracking/diet. I don't seem to have actually lost any weight yet, but that's ok because I am already seeing where my extra calories were possibly coming from ("healthy" things like yogurts are surprisingly high in calories - that & the cheese toasties I was eating most days for lunch!)

anyway, onto the point of this message: For pretty much the last week I have had a thumping headache - I am a "headachy" person anyway, but years of suffering means that I can differentiate between "tired" or "hungry" headaches etc, but this one is different. It feels like a "weather" headache, but the weather has changed & it's not "heavy" like it was last week so I'm wondering if it could actually be down to the way I'm eating?
(I don't drink coffee/tea etc so it won't be caffeine withdrawal, so any ideas what could be giving me such a thumping head? )

Replies

• jones137
    jones137 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking everyday?
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options

^^^^^This.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

^^ you beat me to it :)
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    This sounds hokey but I used to get migraines nearly every week, searing, crying, vommiting type migraines. I took up yoga 5 months ago and since then I haven't had one single migraine! I think I was something to do with carrying tension on my neck/spine
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options

^^^^^^^ Yep ^^^^^^^ How much?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    It could be the way your eating has changed or you may not be eating enough. Also up your water intake per other suggestions.

I remember when I first started tracking I was cranky as all hell because I was hungry and went from eating junk to good food and proper portions. If you stay hydrated, eat enough, and more importantly the right foods ( as it seems you are starting to already) then it will likely pass.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've been a migraine sufferer all my life. Since starting with all this, and going to the gym, I have had a 'no excuse' policy, including pain and headaches. If I have one in the morning, I go to the gym and work it out. No doubt this wont work for everyone, but I've been happily surprised with less migraines for the last few months.

Hope it gets better :flowerforyou:
  • moonbeam03
    Options
    sounds as if your not drinking enough water x
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Water for sure.. also a lot of times our bodies react when we stop eating the junk and we experience a little withdrawal from it. It could be just that. WATER. Drink a gallon a day. Your body will thank you.
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    definitely make sure first that you're getting enough water.

but i drink a ton of water daily, always have, and when i started here, i had headaches too. i could never explain it, and it went away after the first week or two. if you've made large changes to your diet/intake, though, that might cause a headache response.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Water, like everyone mentioned. But I also had increased headaches with carb/sugar withdrawl as I started to cut back on them. They went away after a couple of weeks.
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've been a migraine sufferer all my life. Since starting with all this, and going to the gym, I have had a 'no excuse' policy, including pain and headaches. If I have one in the morning, I go to the gym and work it out. No doubt this wont work for everyone, but I've been happily surprised with less migraines for the last few months.

Hope it gets better :flowerforyou:

OK, you beat me to this!! I struggled with migraines, weather headaches, hormonal headaches, etc. for most of my adult life. I started working out 5-6 days a week 8 years ago and they are all gone (with the exception of an occasional hormonal headache which I can handle). I still sometimes wake up with that throbbing in my head (jaw clincher here) but 15 minute into my workout it's gone. My insomnia is also gone.

I hope you find what works for you.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Too little water intake or if you cut carbs out of your diet drastically as part of your weight loss you could be suffering from withdrawal.
  • LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not drinking as much water as I should but I'm a bit of a camel & don't drink a huge amount day to day normally! I am drinking more than twice as much as usual!
    I did think of dehydration, but it's not a dehydration type headache, and it doesn't go away when I drink ...
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    drink more water.... and maybe up your caloric intake if you are exercising alot
  • LucyBzz
    LucyBzz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    interesting what a couple of people have said about exercise & migraines .... I am a migraine sufferer, though haven't had one for a few months now ...
  • cranjs
    cranjs Posts: 11
    Options
    I had headaches into second week and they went away the following week. Think mine were due to cutting down on caffeine.