7 months as a non smoker

Options
2»

Replies

• tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't say CONGRATULATIONS strongly enough! You've done something great for yourself And everyone around you who shares your air. Be tough and keep on keepin' on!:flowerforyou:
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When I quit, a carton cost ~ $6.50, when she quit (several years later) they were in the $11-12 range per carton. OMG, who can afford to smoke today? :noway:

Is that the same price as here?.. (in the UK) .. here they are £7.38p.. (thats $11.50) for a regular little pack of 20 cigarettes.

EXPENSIVE.
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey on Jan 26,2012 after blood clots in heart and legs.I smoked for 45 years.Congrats on your
    Victory against this horrible habit.Don't you feel so much better? I do!

My wife and I both quit in March of this year ( carton per week) and people always say "Don't you feel so much better"??? Problem is, I have noticed no difference except for the fact that I don't wheeze when I breathe at night. My wife says the same thing. I am just curious...in what ways have you noticed any improvements.

If it weren't for the cancer risk, cost and odor On your clothes (which I never really noticed as a smoker but I now detest as a mon smoker), I would go buy another carton today. Emotionally, I think I felt better when I was smoking.

Please enlighten me...maybe there is more to come in the next few months.
    I understand what you're saying. I quit i October 2009 and I am still miserable. I don't have the unbearable cravings like I did when I quit, but I could pick it back up in an instant. Truthfully, I don't feel any better and hate the 10 pounds I gained. I definitely eat more now because I can taste the food better but with the added weight, I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

I still take it day to day and I'm still trying to get into a better exercise routine and eating plan.

Good luck with your quit.
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. I quit 4 1/2 years ago and the only reason I was able to finally do it is because I found out I was pregnant with my daughter. I'm not sure I would have been motivated enough if not for that reason. :)
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! October 14 will be one year for me! =)
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    When I quit, a carton cost ~ $6.50, when she quit (several years later) they were in the $11-12 range per carton. OMG, who can afford to smoke today? :noway:

Is that the same price as here?.. (in the UK) .. here they are £7.38p.. (thats $11.50) for a regular little pack of 20 cigarettes.

EXPENSIVE.
    Not quite that expensive here; of course we grow it here in the states so...

A carton (10 packs of 20 cigarettes) seems to be running the $50 - $60 dollar range depending on brand and where you are buying them. A little late in the day for math but if I can figure that would be about £35 to £36 a carton. Still expensive from my point of view.
  • Krakenzmama
    Options
    Congrats!!! I was a pack a day smoker and quit 5 years ago. I occasionally had one a few years back, and those moments made me realize I didn't like it anymore. Even used the e-cigs and didn't like keeping up the habit. After getting rid of an icky habit, it's really hard to start up again.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here in tears reading this~ I started my journey of Chantix last week and my quit date is set for Thursday.

You have shown me that it can be done even while losing weight! Thank you for posting this- on a week that I really really need it!

and congratulations on such wonderful successes!!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I Feb 16th will be 6 years for me. I can't believe it I smoked since I was 13 and quit at 43. I will never smoke again ever. You can make it the longer it is the better it becomes.

I think of it a relief - when I travel I don't have to try to find the smoking rooms at the airport or stress over wow can I make an 8 hour flight without a smoke.

Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!